How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo Senmartin Your Own Question
Guillermo Senmartin
Guillermo Senmartin, Attorney At Law
Category: US Law
Satisfied Customers: 111966
Experience:  Over 12+ years of experience in various areas of U.S. Law and 15+ years of experience in U.S. Immigration Law..
Type Your US Law Question Here...
Guillermo Senmartin is online now

Can I fly to South America from the USA, after working in the

This answer was rated:

Can I fly to South America from the USA, after working in the US on a J1 visa.

My J1 will expire while I am in South America (PERU)

I intend to return to the UK once I have completed roughly a two week stay in PERU.

I do not intend to return to the US once I have departed.

Hello and thank you for using our service. My name isXXXXX and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. Believe me that I will try my best to give you a solution if one exists, but sometimes the law does not have a good one. Also, we have been having technical issues lately. If you respond and you do not see your response, please post again until you can see it because if you cannot see it, I cannot see it to respond.




You are asking if you will have any problems with the U.S. leaving the U.S.? Or if you need a visa to enter a specific South American country?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am asking if there will be a problem for me to go to Peru, from the US. After my J1 visa has expired. Without returning to the UK.

Well, I am asking because your question is in the U.S. law forum, not the forum for the laws of Peru. So you want to know if you will have an issue leaving the U.S. or an issue entering Peru?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I will try and simplify the question as I think I have confused you, Sorry. I do that a lot.

I am a UK resident, working in the US for the summer. I have a J1 visa.

Will there be any problem with me ENTERING PERU from the United States, for a two week holiday, BEFORE I RETURN TO THE UK

Ok. I understand. According to my research, as a citizen of Britain, you do not need a visa to enter Peru for tourism purposes and you may stay up to 183 days.

Here is a link:

Now that I have given you an answer, you may rate me positively OR ask for additional information. Please do not rate me negatively for bad news or things that you may already know. That doesn’t help you or me. I am here to help you and I am on your side. Give me a chance to help you. All you have to do is respond asking for additional information. After you rate positively, a bonus is always appreciated, and I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. Please do not log off without rating positively. It is VERY important for me to receive credit since I receive no salary. You are not charged again. If you would like to request me in the future, just type: FOR GUILLERMO on the subject line. Thank you!
Guillermo Senmartin and other US Law Specialists are ready to help you