How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey, JD Your Own Question
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Category: US Law
Satisfied Customers: 29569
Experience:  Over 20 years of high volume criminal defense work,including all aspects of a case from arraignment to plea or trial.
Type Your US Law Question Here...
Zoey, JD is online now

Hi, Im trying to sell a piece of land we own in the us, and

This answer was rated:

Hi, I'm trying to sell a piece of land we own in the us, and they're telling me I need an attorney could you advise?

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a US lawyer.
I don't know where your house is, but in many US states parties to the sale of a house must be represented by counsel.

To find a real estate lawyer in the state where your house is, you can contact the Bar Association's Lawyer Referral Service in that state and they can refer you to an attorney who can assist you. Their referral fee is about $50, but it includes a half hour free consultation with the lawyer, which you can have over the phone so that you don't have to fly in from the UK to do so.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Could not get in touch with anyone at the bar association but still not done yet.
You could also try a commercial legal referral site, such as or
Zoey, JD and other US Law Specialists are ready to help you