How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo Senmartin Your Own Question
Guillermo Senmartin
Guillermo Senmartin, Attorney At Law
Category: US Law
Satisfied Customers: 111568
Experience:  Over 12+ years of experience in various areas of U.S. Law and 15+ years of experience in U.S. Immigration Law..
Type Your US Law Question Here...
Guillermo Senmartin is online now

if I have got a criminal record and I am applying b2

This answer was rated:

if I have got a criminal record and I am applying b2 american visa what will the out be will it stop me from going to see my sister

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** I am a licensed attorney and I am here to help resolve your legal issue. Tackling legal issues can sometimes get cumbersome or confusing. Should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so small additional cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! You are NOT charged per question and you are NOT charged per response, so post at your desire! Just please remember that sometimes the law does not have an easy or convenient solution and that is not the fault of the expert. Please do not shoot the messenger.

What was the crime and sentence?

Paul, I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied.
Since you are not responding, I will have to assume that your crime is something that makes you inadmissible to the U.S. If you would tell me what the crime and sentence is, I could tell you if you needed a waiver or not. Since you do not respond, I will have to assume that it is a crime that makes you inadmissible to the U.S. and you will need a waiver. If you change your mind and want to tell me the crime and sentence, I can update my answer, but , to visit, you would have to file B-2 visa which can be found here:
And you would need a 212(d)(3) waiver which can either be done by the immigration officer at the interview or after just on their computer (take a look at this link):
You can find more information here:,0930-labrie.shtm
Now that I have given you an answer, you may rate me positively OR ask information. Please do not rate me negatively news or things that you may already know. That doesn’t help you or me. I am here to help you and I am on your side. Give me a chance to help you. All you have to do is respond asking information. You are NOT charged per question nor are you charged per response. If this seems a little complicated or overwhelming, I can also offer you an additional service small fee where we can speak in private over the phone or through email that may be helpful (this is a public forum where anyone can read the responses). Feel free to decline it, but if you do, please remember that I am not given a salary, so the only way that I am compensated is if you rate me positively. So at least please use the smiley faces and a bonus is always appreciated if you feel I earned it. Also, your question does NOT close just because it says, “To finish…” I can still answer additional questions without additional charge. If I do not hear from you, I will automatically send that additional offer request. Thank you understanding and if you would like to request me in the future, just type: in the subject line and message box.
Guillermo Senmartin and other US Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have been leaving you emails about my criminal record but you have not got back to me as I have said in 197. I was arrested for arson and I went to a hospital wear there found out that I was epilepsy as at the time used to go and hind as I did not know what they where and in 1974 and 1981 I was arrested for playing around with men in a public place .So I need to know how I stand when applying for a b/2 visa for the u.s.a. I do have two sister and one brother who all live in the u.s.a. I have been to the u.s.a. 9 times in my life it would be good to hear from you Mr Paul Heathfield

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

to guillermo j. senmartin.Esq


will you email me if you get this I think I have been doing it wrong it is about a b/2 visa as i have a criminal I have snnt you a number of emails but I am not hearing from you Mr Heathfield