How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo Senmartin Your Own Question
Guillermo Senmartin
Guillermo Senmartin, Attorney At Law
Category: US Law
Satisfied Customers: 111966
Experience:  Over 12+ years of experience in various areas of U.S. Law and 15+ years of experience in U.S. Immigration Law..
Type Your US Law Question Here...
Guillermo Senmartin is online now

I have been working as a mechanical fitter and a half

This answer was rated:

I have been working as a mechanical fitter for 5 and a half years for Baker Perkins. We manufacture cereal/snack/confectionary/biscuit/bakery machines. We have around 100 employees working in manufacturing and around 10 working in the bakery section. I have been working In the bakery section for the entire duration of my time at Baker Perkins. Only our company produce these machines and only our employees know how to manufacture/assemble them through experience, they are not and cannot be assembled elsewhere. We have a sister company in Michigan who do not know anything about the bakery side of our company's business. I have asked our sister company if I can work for them in Michigan and they are willing to give me a job and apply for a visa on my behalf if I can find out if it is possible for me to legally get a working visa. I have approached them, they did not approach me. Would working on these machines and knowing the methods/manufacturing process of assembling them and how they work classify as "specialised knowledge" to be eligible for an L1-B visa, and what exactly would the company in Michigan have to do to apply for one on my behalf? Would I need to go into a job specifically within my specialised knowledge field or can just having the knowledge be enough to be eligible, and doing a non specific job that may need it be enough to be eligible. Roughly how long does the application process take and roughly how much does it cost?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Michigan in the United States)
(L1-B intra-company transfer to the United States)
Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Yes, that would fit squarely into the L-1B visa type. The process can take around 3 to 6 months, but could be done in as little as 15 business days if Premium Processing is done. Here is a link: Here is an official link to the L-1B: The fees are the following: $325 for the I-129$1,225 for Premium Processing (optional)$500 fraud prevention and detection fee$2,250 additional fee for company that has more than a certain amount of employees. Here is a link: My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.
Guillermo Senmartin and other US Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Guillermo, thank you for your answer it was very helpful, I have a follow up question: Would the company in Michigan have to prove that they are giving me a job in which my specialised skills are needed and will be utilised, or can they thoeretically get me a visa on the basis that I have specialised knowledge and give me a job in which the specialised knowledge is not necessarily needed? For example, they say on the application that the job I will be doing will be using my specialised knowledge, but once the visa is approved they give me a job in which the knowledge will not necessarily be used if at all.
Unfortunately, the idea is that you come to the U.S. to use your special skill because if not, the U.S. would rather that the company in the U.S. hire a U.S. worker. So yes, make sure that you use your specialized knowledge and that it be included in the job decription that you will do in the U.S. Thank you for the positive rating. If you would like to request me in the future, please remember to put FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box. Good luck to you!