How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey, JD Your Own Question
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Category: US Law
Satisfied Customers: 29614
Experience:  Over 20 years of high volume criminal defense work,including all aspects of a case from arraignment to plea or trial.
Type Your US Law Question Here...
Zoey, JD is online now

I have an ex who has explicit videos of me taken without my

This answer was rated:

i have an ex who has explicit videos of me taken without my consent. I don't know if he's put anything on the internet but I can't be sure. I've asked for him to hand them over to me as well as delete them to which he's refused. Is there anything I can
My name is ***** ***** I am a US criminal lawyer.
If he took these photos without your consent under circumstances where you had an expectation of privacy, then your ex has run afoul of your state's invasion of privacy laws. This is a criminal offense for which he can be charged and prosecuted.
You have three years from the time when you found out the photos were taken to report him to your police and have him charged with a crime.
Zoey, JD and 2 other US Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Zoey, thank you very much for your response. You gave me the info I was looking for and thank you for sending the link as well. Do you know what steps id take to get the process started? Just file a police report? How would they obtain the videos do you know? Curious only because he has several computers and is very tech savvy he may have them hidden or hard to find. Thanks again for the info provided. Lisa
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I had touched on a few more points I was hoping you could help me with in reference to my original question. Making sure you received my reply. Thank you
You would just report this to the police. That would give them probable cause to get a warrant. With that they could go to his house and impound his computers to search for the evidence.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Zoey I appreciate your help
You're very welcome! Good luck.