Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  Over 20 years of high volume criminal defense work,including all aspects of a case from arraignment to plea or trial.

My uncle has just died he left no will he lived in contra

my uncle has just died he left no will he lived in contra costa county am I an heir
Hello, Was your uncle survived by his parents, spouse, siblings and/or children?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
he has a brother who is my dad
Thank you. Under the California laws of intestacy, your father would inherit his brother's entire estate. You are, unfortunately, not an heir. You can see a simplified overview of who benefits under the intestacy statutes here. The intestacy statutes themselves are here.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hi zoey when my uncle past ther was 2 surviving brothers but my other uncle past a few weeks ago so will my dad get his share as well
If your father's other brother outlived your uncle by 120 hours, then your father is only entitled half of his brother's estate, and the estate of your other uncle will get the other half.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
my dad myself and my other uncle all live in the uk my other uncle also had no spouse and no children and left no will
Then your father should get the entire estate.