How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey, JD Your Own Question
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Category: US Law
Satisfied Customers: 30085
Experience:  Over 20 years of high volume criminal defense work,including all aspects of a case from arraignment to plea or trial.
Type Your US Law Question Here...
Zoey, JD is online now

Writing New York Bar exam: I have done my Graduate Diploma

This answer was rated:

Writing New York Bar exam: I have done my Graduate Diploma in Law + Legal Practice Course + LLM (conversion from LPC) in the UK. Am I eligible to write the NYC Bar exam ?
Hello, You would think that this would be a simple yes or no question. But it's not. Your legal education has to be substantively and durationally the same as if you'd taken your courses in the US. If not, there are ways that you can cure the requirement deficiency, but they appear to involve doing so at a US law school. Here's what the NYS Board of Law Examiners requires of foreign students wishing to sit for the NYS Bar. The various court rules on this page may help you determine equivalencies, or you may have to contact the board for clarification. You don't want to make any assumptions of eligibility before applying as the $750 fee to sit for the NYS bar is non-refundable.
Zoey, JD and other US Law Specialists are ready to help you