How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo Senmartin Your Own Question
Guillermo Senmartin
Guillermo Senmartin, Attorney At Law
Category: US Law
Satisfied Customers: 111963
Experience:  Over 12+ years of experience in various areas of U.S. Law and 15+ years of experience in U.S. Immigration Law..
Type Your US Law Question Here...
Guillermo Senmartin is online now

I am British applying American passport through my dad,

This answer was rated:

I am British applying for an American passport through my dad, however because I was born out of wedlock, the embassy want evidence that my dad agreed in writing to support me until my 18th birthday. unfortunately, the CSA doesn't have anything with his signature on. How else can I show that he did?
Also they want further substantial evidence that my father supported me until your 18th birthday.
Please could you help,
Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Did he support you? How? Did he send money? Through what method? Did he or your mother go to court for custody?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He paid child support through CSA and paid for things like school uniforms, trips, after school clubs, horse riding lessons, swimming lessons, any clothes that we needed he always bought us them.My mum was granted full custody, my dad always had us on the weekend but we visit frequently as he only lives round the corner.
But obviously CSA has to have some proof that he paid support through CSA even though nothing has his signature. That many didn't come out of thin air. So does CSA have any proof? The idea is for you to show proof. The burden of proof is on you. CSA has to have something, no?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I have letters of proof from CSA showing that he paid from 1996-2015 but the embassy want something with his signature on and CSA doesn't have that.So if my dad wrote a statement to go along with the evidence from CSA would that help?
Also how do I show that my dads been in my life and supported me until the age of 18?
So the U.S. Embassy is saying that they cannot accept it because it doesn't show WHO sent the money?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
All they keep asking for is his signature to say that he agreed to pay child support
Well, I would send the following because like I said, you have to prove it to them in order for you to be able to get a U.S. Passport: 1) A statement from him that says what he has paid, since when he has paid it, how he has paid it, what amounts and in what frequency, and that he did it until you were 18, at least. 2) Copies of his bank statements to show withdrawal statements showing the payments to CSA, amounts and frequencies. He doesn't need to turn all bank statements from 1996 until 2015, but at least one or two from each year and maybe for 2014 and 2015 one for every 3 months or so. 3) Any proofs of events and things that you attended together, tickets, photographs, etc.40 Written and signed statements from persons that are witnesses to him providing support. Yes, they can be from each parent but also from grandparents, siblings, aunts and uncles and close family friends. 4) Any other proof you can think of that shows your father was involved in your life and supported you. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.
Guillermo Senmartin and other US Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi again, the embassy are now saying that they don't accept photos and concert tickets as evidence that's he's been in my life, would else could I send to them?How can I show them that he's been in my life?
I gave you a list before, but here is a good article: