How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo Senmartin Your Own Question
Guillermo Senmartin
Guillermo Senmartin, Attorney At Law
Category: US Law
Satisfied Customers: 112027
Experience:  Over 12+ years of experience in various areas of U.S. Law and 15+ years of experience in U.S. Immigration Law..
Type Your US Law Question Here...
Guillermo Senmartin is online now

I meet someone online we have been talking by phone and skype

This answer was rated:

I meet someone online we have been talking by phone and skype for already 3 months he went and requested turist visa to travel but it was denied, know i want to know if i marry my boyfreind how quick may he come. He is in colombia i am in new york city
Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Have you met in person yet? Did they say why the denial?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
They Denial was because my brother send him an invitation letter and they said that they have never meet. They meet at there early childhood but have not seen each other for the past 12 years, Same in my case.
And thanks for your response
So wait, the U.S. Embassy or Consulate denied because they determined that he lied?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes that is what they said but nothing was a lie. So we don't get it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
because probably since my brother has not seen him in years I don't know but they denied the visa
Then it isn't that he was simply denied because they think he may come and stay, but they denied him because of lie or misrepresentation? That's a problem because that becomes a permanent bar. Did they specifically state that they denied him because of a lie or misrepresentation? Is there any evidence that exists that they met when younger? Photos, etc.? Where did they meet?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No evidence that was early childhood it was a turist visa and they said no because we think you have never meet him that is it. They gave him his passport and that is all
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Know my question is it possible for me to go marry him and give him a spouse visa ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We are all from the same city in colombia we meet there in high school too many years ago
Well, if they did not find that he lied, then he can just apply again. I will provide you with two links that may be helpful. The first is to an article that will explain what they look for when issuing a non-immigrant visa like the B-2. The second is a list of things that can be presented to prove non-immigrant intent and the strong ties to the home country.,0528-schwartz.shtm If he does not want to apply again or he is denied again, then there are essentially three ways to bring him and none are really fast, unfortunately: 1) The K-1 fiance visa takes 6 to 9 months, but you must have met before at least once during the last two years in order to process it (so you may have to travel there to see him). The I-129F will cost $340 plus a $350 fee for the visa processing fee. After he enters the U.S., then you have to marry and then you have to pay $1070 for the I-485 and he will have to wait about 5 to 7 months and gets another interview that you attend with your new spouse so that he can get Residency. 2) The K-3 spouse visa takes 6 to 9 months, you must be married. The I-129F will cost $340 and $350 for the visa processing fee. Then after he enters the U.S., he must still file the I-485 for $1070 and wait for the marriage interview about 5 to 7 months later. 3) The CR-1 visa (or IR-1 if your marriage is more than 2 years old) takes about 1 year or so. You must be married. The fees are $420 for the I-130, $330 for the visa processing fee, $88 for an Affidavit of Support fee. But once he enters the U.S., he enters as a Resident and he does not have to file (or pay for) an I-485 nor does he have to attend an additional interview. He just gets his green card in the mail a few weeks later. So the K-1 and K-3 are faster but generally more expensive. The CR-1 (and IR-1) are slower, but generally cheaper. And no, there is no middle-visa that he can use to enter the U.S. while that process is pending. He will most likely have to wait outside.Here is a link to all three: and another link: I know you do not want to wait. I know it is very inconvenient. I know you want to be together sooner rather than later, but I have this same conversation two or three times per day on this website. No one ever likes it and believe me, if there was an easier or faster way, I would tell you. I know you will probably say, “but what about this...?” or “but what about that...?” But I will most likely continue to have bad news for you. I am truly sorry. The problem is that the U.S. concerns over security and fraud in this area are more important than a 6 to 9 months inconvenience to you. The way they see it is that if it truly is a real relationship, it will survive that length of time apart. Again, I am truly sorry. I wish I had a faster and easier way to tell you about. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you please give me your contact and fee do you can keep helping me out like chat or phone maybe
Sure, but it is a small extra fee for that. I will send it now. If you accept it, great. If not, please let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to rate me positively. You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. Thank you!
Guillermo Senmartin and 2 other US Law Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for the excellent rating and thank you for accepting the additional offer of service. If you would like to request me in the future for a different topic, please remember to put my name in the subject box. Good luck to you!