How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo Senmartin Your Own Question
Guillermo Senmartin
Guillermo Senmartin, Attorney At Law
Category: US Law
Satisfied Customers: 111517
Experience:  Over 12+ years of experience in various areas of U.S. Law and 15+ years of experience in U.S. Immigration Law..
Type Your US Law Question Here...
Guillermo Senmartin is online now

My son had his green card stolen. My son in US is a British

This answer was rated:

my son had his green card stolen. My son in US is a British citizen but has a green card that enables him to work . In a recent burgLary at his apartment in Brooklyn we had our bags stolen . In my bag was my UK passport, in his was his document wallet which included his Geeen card and driving licence .we reported it police .he is about to start new job and the employers say they have to see his green card., not a copy .his start date is imminent . Do you have to have original ?
Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. The employer could get into trouble if they allow a person to work without proper authorization. Will anything realistically happen to the employer if they accept a copy and then later the original green card? ALMOST certainly not, but if the employer wants to be a stickler and doesn't even want to risk that, then they would be justified in not allowing your son to work. So really it depends on the flexibility of the employer. Has your son filed an I-90 yet? When?
I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through. If the employer wants to be a stickler, he will need the original, or a stamp in his passport that shows that he is a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident. He could get one if he has an I-90 receipt to show he is renewing his green card status. He could take that receipt to an appointment he makes at and he would take his passport with him as well. There he can speak to an immigration officer in person and get that stamp to show his employer. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.
Guillermo Senmartin and other US Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks very much for your reply and follow up. Sorry for not responding sooner. I passed your details to my son to check how things had progressed. I have just heard back that he got a stamp in his passport and commences later this week. Your advice was great and straight forward . I will give you top rating . Apologies again for not replying sooner .
No problem. Thank you for the positive rating. If you would like to request me in the future, please remember to put FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box. Good luck to you!