How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo Senmartin Your Own Question
Guillermo Senmartin
Guillermo Senmartin, Attorney At Law
Category: US Law
Satisfied Customers: 111484
Experience:  Over 12+ years of experience in various areas of U.S. Law and 15+ years of experience in U.S. Immigration Law..
Type Your US Law Question Here...
Guillermo Senmartin is online now

I was convicted with a jail term of 2years I served 8 months

This answer was rated:

Hi I was convicted with a jail term of 2years I served 8 months for aggravated burglary and cultivation of 2005 I would like to know if it is possible for me to visit the USA for a holiday..
Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Unfortunately, you won't be able to use an ESTA Visa Waiver to visit. You will need to apply for a B-2 visitor visa which can be found here: And you would need a 212(d)(3) waiver which can either be done by the immigration officer at the interview or after just on their computer (take a look at this link):,D,3&url=/FAM/09FAM/09FAM030503.html#M305_3_3_A You can find more information here:,0930-labrie.shtm You would have to prove that you deserve the waiver and that you are not a danger to the community in the U.S. Because it has been longer than 10 years since the last issue, you should stand a good chance. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please at least leave a THANK YOU for me so I can let the administrators know. Your question thread does NOT close, so you can ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi thank you for your answer..from wot I gather I was in doupt that I would never be able to visit the USA .i am happy that that Thier is a chance for visit .in the interview do I get to pleade my case as I have read forums of wer they do not let you explain things to them.i hear they just say no.thanks for your help
you have a chance, but the interviews go fast because there are many people waiting for interviews. You can argue your case and if the officer doesn't give you at least a minute or two to discuss it, you can ask to speak to a supervisor. Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to rate me positively. You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see the stars or smiley faces, please at least leave a THANK YOU for me so I can let the administrators know. Also, we do NOT finish just because it says "Rate to Finish" or something like that. Your question does NOT close and you can continue to ask questions without additional charge on the same question thread even after you leave a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My last question is a person in my case.wot happens if they found a partner in USA and want to be with them? Is this possible is Thier an acception in these matters over time.are is it that fact you toy are not allowed to be with some one that wants to be with Thier Amy rights over those matters thank ..
Well, that's a different situation. To visit you need a waiver, to immigrate, there are no waivers for the things that you have been convicted of which are considered to be an aggravated felony and possible trafficking of a controlled substance. So visiting you have a possibility. Immigrating, unless the law changes, I don't see that happening. I hope you don't shoot the messenger. Please don't forget that positive rating. I only keep mentioning it because if you can believe it, about 30% of people on this site don't leave a positive rating and since I am not given a salary to be here, it's as if I spent my time responding for free. So you can understand, that's like working 40 hours per week, 5 days a week and not being compensated for every Friday and most Thursdays. Talk about unfair! So I hope you leave that positive rating. Your question does NOT close if you forgot to ask something. You aren't charged again if you respond on the same thread. If you don't see the stars by my name, just let me know. Thank you for your understanding.
Guillermo Senmartin and other US Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry am not shooting the messenger I am 100% geniune honest man.although I did I crime 11years ago..funny thing is the cannabis was not even just looking at all aspects..I know I can never live thier..and maybe I have to keep applying to go back this I do not know I am in thar dark on these things .so I am asking you I do have a good job and have never been in trouble since that time.nit yes I have met some 1 over Thier.we talk every day and I am looking at how I can be with her in the future maybe a few years..but first I need to visit her with my daughter and grandson..sure I will 5 star rate you no problem you have given me good advice.more than I could have found..she can not come to the ik as she has her own company but thank you for the information very much appreciated
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi could ever work in the USA ?
With the proper type of visa and the waiver, yes, it is possible, but work visas are hard to get. Thank you for the positive rating. If you would like to request me in the future, please remember to put FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box. Good luck to you!