How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo Senmartin Your Own Question
Guillermo Senmartin
Guillermo Senmartin, Attorney At Law
Category: US Law
Satisfied Customers: 117014
Experience:  Over 12+ years of experience in various areas of U.S. Law and 15+ years of experience in U.S. Immigration Law..
Type Your US Law Question Here...
Guillermo Senmartin is online now

Iam caught in a situation via my son who lives in a state

Customer Question

iam caught in a situation via my son who lives in a state called texas in america where all of a sudden his mother has asked me to sign a passport for called us department and state statement of consent issuance of us passport to a minor under act 16 omb control no 1405-0129 she wants him to have an american passport iam very wiery of my ex partner as to why if i sign this document will it seriously impose on my rights via american law with my son also i think that each state in america has different laws pertaining to minors and their parents living abroad pls help
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: US Law
Expert:  Guillermo Senmartin replied 10 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if the news is not good that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

Your rights are not terminated or negatively curtailed just because the child gets a U.S. Passport, but if you are afraid that your ex partner will kidnap your child, there are steps you can take to prevent that:

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Expert:  Guillermo Senmartin replied 10 months ago.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Expert:  Guillermo Senmartin replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.

Expert:  Guillermo Senmartin replied 10 months ago.

Hello Andre. I see that you have logged in again. Why don't you want me to get paid for my service to you? Why won't you click on 3 or more stars so that I am compensated for the time and effort that I spent with you?