Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  Over 20 years of high volume criminal defense work,including all aspects of a case from arraignment to plea or trial.
18321761

May at coreservfs in osaka japan wants me to pay a

james may at coreservfs in osaka japan wants me to pay a derestriction fee of 85 cent per share in atlantic wine so they can sell my shares for 12 dollars per share.10,000 shares involved

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

Do NOT pay this fee. In fact, cease dealings with James May. He's not looking to buy your shares. He's looking to steal $85,000 from you.

This is what we call a boiler room investment fraud.

The scam begins when you get a cold call from a so-called foreign broker with what they claim is a lucrative investment deal. They press hard, get you to invest and then run off with your money.

The international investment community is filled with warnings about cold callers who try to pressure you into making what they say will be a lucrative and time-sensitive investment. Soliciting abroad is just not what any legitimate financial firm does. It is the #1 sign of an investment fraud.

The boiler room scam comes in two versions. The first is what I already described. If you are unwise enough to invest with them, you will find that you will get nothing or only worthless shares and lose your money. That is likely what happened to you with Atlantic Wine.

In the second version, which could happen a year or more down the road, another foreign investment company will claim to be looking to buy some stock from you. It is the same worthless stock you got snookered into buying the first time and the caller is probably from the same team of scammers using a new name. In any case, you'd be really happy to get rid of those shares and recoup your loss, and the figures the agent bounces around are most impressive.

They claim that the offer will quickly disappear. You don't get much time to dwell on this if you want to make this deal which promises to be very lucrative for you. However, It will cost you an upfront fee to complete the deal, because they tell you that there is money you must pay out first to release your shares for sale.

With either version, send them money and you will lose it and get nothing real to show for it.

You NEVER have to pay out of pocket to deregister shares in order to sell them. The money would come from the sale itself.

Walk away from this before you lose a great deal of money. The only funds you are going to see from this so called investment transaction are your own as you throw them away and send them to scammers.

If you are not convinced, give me the website for the so called brokerage and I'll be happy to provide you with more information.

Zoey, JD, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience: Over 20 years of high volume criminal defense work,including all aspects of a case from arraignment to plea or trial.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for the advice and opinion on Atlantic Wine ......James May's details are as follows
James May
Senior Vice President of Accounts
Coreserv Financial Services Inc
phone +81 6 4560 4026 Ext 2042
Fax + 81 6 7635 8547***@******.***Thank you Padraig Moroney

This website's IP address traces to Moscow, home of this sort of sophisticated scam. It claims to be a Japanese firm, but it's not. You can see that it is not a Japanese financial firm by looking at the list of registered financial firms on Japan's Financial Services Agency. You won't find this there.

https://www.fsa.go.jp/en/regulated_institutions/index.html

Investing is tightly regulated. For a financial firm to make you an offering, it has to be registered in its own country and authorized by your financial regulatory agency to do business in your country. Without those credentials, they are only fooling you and operating illegally.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thanks again

You're very welcome!