Guillermo Senmartin
Guillermo Senmartin, Attorney At Law
Experience:  Over 12+ years of experience in various areas of U.S. Law and 15+ years of experience in U.S. Immigration Law..
9200179

I currently hold an esta for visiting the us, my application

Hello I currently hold an esta for visiting the us, my application was in relation to an old job, now I understand I will need to reapply, however I'm unsure of what visa I would need. My situation is I work for a family in the UK as a nanny & we are intending to travel to the USA for a vacation and they would like me to come. So I will be working.
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I'm a UK citizen and I haven't taken steps as of yet, just trying to figure out what's the best course of a action
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: No I haven't
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No this is my only issue - thank you

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 17 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. If I disappear for a few minutes, I have not gone away and I promise I will be back as soon as I can. You see I don't work in a call center, I work in my own legal practice. I'm a real, live lawyer and I assist multiple customers at the same time and something can come up that I need to attend to urgently. I am not ignoring you. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you. I understand you might get a prompt asking if you want to work with another expert, but just ignore it. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Thank you for your understanding.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if the answer is not good news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

You should still be able to use an ESTA as it should not be connected to a specific job, but here is a link to the B-1 domestic worker visa:

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/domestic-employee/

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. IF you still do not see the stars, at least leave me a message that says that you are satisfied with my service to you, something like, "THANK YOU!" should suffice. Thank you for your understanding.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for you helpSo the only concern is I have the esta which is in relation to a job I no longer have. So I would need to reapply.I have researched and it is said that an esta does not permit me to work while in the USA. So how is this applicable for my situation
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As my purpose of the visit is to work while im there

If it is to work as a domestic employee for a temporary non-immigrant, you apply for a B-1.

Thank you for the positive rating. If you would like to request me in the future for a different topic, please remember to put FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box. Good luck to you!