Guillermo Senmartin
Guillermo Senmartin, Attorney At Law
Experience:  Over 12+ years of experience in various areas of U.S. Law and 15+ years of experience in U.S. Immigration Law..
9200179

My mother gains her American passport in January 2021.

My mother gains her American passport in January 2021. Myself, husband and two young children are hoping to move to America to live near her through her sponsoring us. Is this possible? What the likely time frame?
Assistant: What steps have been taken? Has any paperwork been filed with the UK government?
Customer: Nothing as of yet. Didn't know if we had to wait till my mother's American passport came?
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: Not yet
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Don't think so
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Is there someone there?

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 17 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. If I disappear for a few minutes, I have not gone away and I promise I will be back as soon as I can. You see I don't work in a call center, I work in my own legal practice. I'm a real, live lawyer and I assist multiple customers at the same time and something can come up that I need to attend to urgently. I am not ignoring you. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you. I understand you might get a prompt asking if you want to work with another expert, but just ignore it. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Thank you for your understanding.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if the answer is not good news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

Your mother can petition for you, but it will take many years before you can immigrate to the U.S. because you are over 21 and married. What country were you born in?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
England
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Many years being 0-5? Or more like 5-10?

If you were single, around 6. Because you are married, about 12 years. Take a look at the first chart in the latest Visa Bulletin:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin/2020/visa-bulletin-for-october-2019.html

What date do you see in category F3, married sons and daughters of U.S. Citizens?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
15 march 08
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I think. It never specifies UK

UK falls into "All Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed", but it is the first chart, not the second. The date there is 15SEP07 which means that only I-130s filed on or before September 30, 2007 can now be used to immigrate to the U.S. So if your mother were to file today, October 3, 2019, your Priority Date would be 03OCT19. This is a waiting line of people that have applied before your mother. There is nothing in the law that allows anyone to jump ahead of anyone else in line not even in the case of an emergency. So unfortunately, you would have about a 12 year wait or so until 2007 gets to 2019. Until that time, you won't be able to immigrate through your mother and you could even have problems visiting the U.S.. I am truly sorry. I wish I had better news.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. IF you still do not see the stars, at least leave me a message that says that you are satisfied with my service to you, something like, "THANK YOU!" should suffice. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? If it did, please at least let me know by leaving me a brief message saying that it helped and you are satisfied with my service to you, like just write, "Thank you!". Thank you for you understanding!

Thank you for your kindness and respect. All you had to do was say "Thank you!" to me and all would have been OK. It doesn't cost you anything extra to do so. Good luck to you anyway.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
You're original service was helpful thank you!

You are very welcome, but PLEASE do not forget to rate me positively or at least leave a "thank you" so that I can get credit for my assistance to you. You can leave a positive rating by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You may have to scroll up to the top of the page to see the stars/smiley faces. If you don't see them because perhaps you are using the mobile app, then try clicking on my name and they should come out. Since I am NOT given a salary, it is the only way the website will compensate me. You are NOT charged again and we can continue to communicate without additional charge if you have a few follow-up questions. Thank you!

Thank you for the positive rating. If you would like to request me in the future for a different topic, please remember to put FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box. Good luck to you!