Guillermo Senmartin
Guillermo Senmartin, Attorney At Law
Experience:  Over 12+ years of experience in various areas of U.S. Law and 15+ years of experience in U.S. Immigration Law..
9200179

I am moving jobs from the UK to either New York or Canada.

Hi, I am moving jobs from the UK to either New York or Canada. However my police check states no live trace.
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I am a UK citizen of 46 years of age. When I was 18 and 20 I got arrested and sent to court for fighting and was given a suspended two year sentence. I have not sent any documents
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No not yet I think I should pull out of the job as I would be too embarrassed if I was rejected and my employer would be aware
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 17 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. If I disappear for a few minutes, I have not gone away and I promise I will be back as soon as I can. You see I don't work in a call center, I work in my own legal practice. I'm a real, live lawyer and I assist multiple customers at the same time and something can come up that I need to attend to urgently. I am not ignoring you. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you. I understand you might get a prompt asking if you want to work with another expert, but just ignore it. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Thank you for your understanding.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if the answer is not good news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

I am not sure I understand your question. If you are asking if you have to disclose the criminal issue, yes you do, at least to immigration. The government can usually see things that private entities cannot. What else would you like to know?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No I am asking will my police report stating no trace prevent me immigrating to New York.

That's not really what you are asking. What you are asking is if it is ok to lie about that question in the applications for a visa since the background check comes up as no live trace meaning no issues come up. Correct?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am not asking that, I will disclose everything.
I want to know if having a record of this type will prevent me being allowed to work in the usa

If you will disclose anyway, as you should, then you shouldn't have to mention that a record check comes out as no live trace. But anyway, it was a simple bar fight or something like that? It wasn't a domestic violence issue? And what was the sentence, even if suspended?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It was a two year suspended sentence for arguing with the police
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I can call tomorrow also as I am currently busy with my children!

No need for a call. Take a look at this link:

https://fam.state.gov/FAM/09FAM/09FAM030203.html

I don't think this crime would make you inadmissible to the U.S. So as long as you disclose it and provide certified copies of the police report and court disposition, you should still be able to get the visa to come to the U.S.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. IF you still do not see the stars, at least leave me a message that says that you are satisfied with my service to you, something like, "THANK YOU!" should suffice. Thank you for your understanding.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** address is***@******.*** can you send your email address. I have asked for a full disclosure police check that i want to send you to review my record in detail.obviously for a fee

The website doesn't actually allow me to send out my email. Sorry about that. You can post it up here if you like, but block out your name. Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget that positive rating, or at least leave me a "Thank you" note. Thank you for your understanding!

Thank you for the positive rating. If you would like to request me in the future for a different topic, please remember to put FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box. Good luck to you!