Lorens35
Lorens35,
17897874

I would like to know if I was married to someone in the USA

Customer Question

Hi I would like to know if I was married to someone in the USA and bought part of the house they lived in my name is ***** ***** deeds we separated 10 years ago and I returned to the UK. I want to make sure when he passes I get my share of the house. How can I ensure this? I haven't spoken to him for years but I know he is still alive and still living there how do I go about making sure I get the money back that I put into the property over there
Category: US Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 6 days ago.
Expert:  Lorens35 replied 6 days ago.
Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for 35 yrs., and I am here to answer your question.
I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in satisfied customer ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.
I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.
This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.
You do not need to tell me you do not want a phone call or that email is fine. I will not call you, and you will not be charged any additional fee for a phone call, unless you make that specific request.
Expert:  Lorens35 replied 6 days ago.
If you are still on the title then you would have to be contacted. Your ownership rights can not be alienated without you being notified. Nor can your interest be transferred without your consent.
So, you will be notified at the appropriate time because noting can be done until you are.
I am happy to continue if you have follow-up questions about this, but if you are satisfied that your question is answered professionally and accurately, even if not the answer you were hoping to get, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.
There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.