How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lorens35 Your Own Question
Category: US Law
Satisfied Customers: 57070
Type Your US Law Question Here...
Lorens35 is online now

I would like to know if I was married to someone in the USA

Customer Question

Hi I would like to know if I was married to someone in the USA and bought part of the house they lived in my name is ***** ***** deeds we separated 10 years ago and I returned to the UK. I want to make sure when he passes I get my share of the house. How can I ensure this? I haven't spoken to him for years but I know he is still alive and still living there how do I go about making sure I get the money back that I put into the property over there
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: US Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Expert:  Lorens35 replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for 35 yrs., and I am here to answer your question.
I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in satisfied customer ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.
I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.
This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.
You do not need to tell me you do not want a phone call or that email is fine. I will not call you, and you will not be charged any additional fee for a phone call, unless you make that specific request.
Expert:  Lorens35 replied 1 year ago.
If you are still on the title then you would have to be contacted. Your ownership rights can not be alienated without you being notified. Nor can your interest be transferred without your consent.
So, you will be notified at the appropriate time because noting can be done until you are.
I am happy to continue if you have follow-up questions about this, but if you are satisfied that your question is answered professionally and accurately, even if not the answer you were hoping to get, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.
There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.