Guillermo Senmartin
Guillermo Senmartin, Attorney At Law
Experience:  Over 12+ years of experience in various areas of U.S. Law and 15+ years of experience in U.S. Immigration Law..
9200179

De Jesus Tascon Rendon Assistant: Where are you? It matters

Good morning my name is ***** ***** Jesus Tascon Rendon
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London UK
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I had a work visa in america until 2007 I leave america in July of this year I have restricted entry to this country and I want to know what I should do because I need to visit my mother that since that date I do not see her.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: What Can I do?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ok I waiting
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
My pay was ready
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ok thanks

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 17 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. If I disappear for a few minutes, I have not gone away and I promise I will be back as soon as I can. You see I don't work in a call center, I work in my own legal practice. I'm a real, live lawyer and I assist multiple customers at the same time and something can come up that I need to attend to urgently. I am not ignoring you. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you. I understand you might get a prompt asking if you want to work with another expert, but just ignore it. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Thank you for your understanding.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if the answer is not good news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

So you are saying that you overstayed your visa and left a few months ago? How long did you overstay?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Im sorry about that not response I was sick and back to home today... sorry

Ok. No worries, but how long did you overstay?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
ok
I had a work visa since October 2006 for one year. In other words, the visa expires in October 2007. But I traveled to London in July 2007, before the expired . In December 2007 I used as a transit to move to Colombia I was deported by immigration where they told me that I worked in several places without having multiple

But you overstayed a UK visa in the UK or overstayed a U.S. visa in the U.S.? I ask because your question is in the U.S. Law forum.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I think that the time for that punishment has passed, I don't know! but I need to travel this end of the year so I went to the American consulate page so I know what to do and they sent me with you.

But you overstayed a UK visa in the UK or overstayed a U.S. visa in the U.S.?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I am talking about the American work visa that I had for a year 2006 2007. I live in the UK and I cannot travel to America because I am always canceled ESTA ... what should I do?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Visa in the US
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Good morning, is possible to carry on talking about my visa

If you were barred for 10 years because you overstayed a year or more, but it has been more than 10 years since you left the U.S., then no, you do not need a waiver. However, you will have to apply for a B visa and prove non-immigrant intent, strong ties to your country and that you will not violate a visa again.

I will provide you with two links that may be helpful. The first is to an article that will explain what they look for when issuing a non-immigrant visa like the B-2. The second is a list of things that can be presented to prove non-immigrant intent and the strong ties to the home country.

http://www.ilw.com/articles/2009,0528-schwartz.shtm

https://help.cbp.gov/ci/fattach/get/46680/0/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xMzk3NDE3MzcxL3NpZC85M1BEQ0lSbA==/filename/Intentions+and+Ties.pdf

And here are some links to good articles:

https://www.immigratetoamerica.org/how-to-show-strong-ties-to-home-country-while-getting-a-visa/

https://www.quora.com/How-can-you-prove-you-have-ties-in-your-home-country-when-applying-for-a-B1-B2-visa

https://www.us-immigration.com/blog/how-to-show-ties-to-home-country-during-a-visa-interview/

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely appreciate it. You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. IF you still do not see the stars, at least leave me a message that says that you are satisfied with my service to you, something like, "THANK YOU!" should suffice. Thank you for your understanding.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thanks you for you help.

You are very welcome, but PLEASE do not forget to rate me positively or at least leave a "thank you" so that I can get credit for my assistance to you. You can leave a positive rating by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You may have to scroll up to the top of the page to see the stars/smiley faces. If you don't see them because perhaps you are using the mobile app, then try clicking on my name and they should come out. Since I am NOT given a salary, it is the only way the website will compensate me. You are NOT charged again and we can continue to communicate without additional charge if you have a few follow-up questions. Thank you!

Thank you for the positive rating. If you would like to request me in the future for a different topic, please remember to put FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box. Good luck to you!