Lorens35
Lorens35,
17897874

I got attacked by my partner in Atlanta and will have to go

Customer Question

I got attacked by my partner in Atlanta and will have to go to court can I do a video link in Liverpool
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: No Enland . I am really afraid of going back to Atlanta
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: The government pressed charges and I have to go and see the DA tomorrow
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am really afraid of the outcome as my partners family are very dominant people in Columbia and I have already had threats. My partner is being charged with aggravated attack and aggravated sexual battery. I dont think I could travel as I am having panic attacks and anxiety and PTS. Also the family want me to drop rmthesexual
Category: US Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 19 days ago.

Expert:  Lorens35 replied 17 days ago.

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 35 yrs., and I am here to help you find an answer to your question.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in satisfied customer ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

You do not need to tell me you do not want a phone call or that email is fine. I will not call you, and you will not be charged any additional fee for a phone call, unless you make that specific request.

Expert:  Lorens35 replied 17 days ago.

The judge does have the discretion to allow testimony via a live video link, but you need to contact the County prosecutor's office to start the ball rolling.

Try this contact to start:

Fulton County District Attorney’s Office Victim Witness Assistance Program (VWAP)
404-612-4986

If they can not get this approved they should have direction for you to get this done.

I am happy to continue if you have follow-up questions about this, but if you are satisfied that your question is answered professionally and accurately, even if not the answer you were hoping to get, please remember to leave a favorable rating.

See link on how to rate: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Expert:  Lorens35 replied 15 days ago.

If I have answered your questions about this please remember to take a moment and rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Expert:  Lorens35 replied 13 days ago.

Please remember to click on the rating stars at the top or bottom of the page. It is the only way JA registers your rating and credits me for assisting you.