How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lorens35 Your Own Question
Category: US Law
Satisfied Customers: 51758
Type Your US Law Question Here...
Lorens35 is online now

I got attacked by my partner in Atlanta and will have to go

Customer Question

I got attacked by my partner in Atlanta and will have to go to court can I do a video link in Liverpool
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: No Enland . I am really afraid of going back to Atlanta
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: The government pressed charges and I have to go and see the DA tomorrow
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am really afraid of the outcome as my partners family are very dominant people in Columbia and I have already had threats. My partner is being charged with aggravated attack and aggravated sexual battery. I dont think I could travel as I am having panic attacks and anxiety and PTS. Also the family want me to drop rmthesexual
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: US Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 7 months ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Expert:  Lorens35 replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 35 yrs., and I am here to help you find an answer to your question.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in satisfied customer ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

You do not need to tell me you do not want a phone call or that email is fine. I will not call you, and you will not be charged any additional fee for a phone call, unless you make that specific request.

Expert:  Lorens35 replied 7 months ago.

The judge does have the discretion to allow testimony via a live video link, but you need to contact the County prosecutor's office to start the ball rolling.

Try this contact to start:

Fulton County District Attorney’s Office Victim Witness Assistance Program (VWAP)(###) ###-####/p>

If they can not get this approved they should have direction for you to get this done.

I am happy to continue if you have follow-up questions about this, but if you are satisfied that your question is answered professionally and accurately, even if not the answer you were hoping to get, please remember to leave a favorable rating.

See link on how to rate:

Expert:  Lorens35 replied 6 months ago.

If I have answered your questions about this please remember to take a moment and rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

See link on how to rate:

Expert:  Lorens35 replied 6 months ago.

Please remember to click on the rating stars at the top or bottom of the page. It is the only way JA registers your rating and credits me for assisting you.

See link on how to rate: