Lorens35
Lorens35,
17897874

I wondered if you could help Assistant: Was this discussed

Hi, I wondered if you could help
Assistant: Was this discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: I have been offered work as a self employed VA. Now the indivisual wants me to sign a contract but it is a US contract as the company is a US entity
Assistant: Does the workplace operate with employees, freelancers, consultants, contractors or with unionised employees?
Customer: All of the above
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
it relates all to the US

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 35 yrs., and I am here to help you find an answer to your question.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in satisfied customer ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

You do not need to tell me you do not want a phone call or that email is fine. I will not call you, and you will not be charged any additional fee for a phone call, unless you make that specific request.

What is your specific legal question?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I am a self employed Virtual Assistant. My client wants me to sign a contract but it is a US contract as the company is a US entity. Obviously as I am based in the UK, I dont know if I should sign it? Or where I stand in terms of the law..

It is questionable as to how the contract would apply or be enforced in the UK if it is geared towards an employee in the US.

The contract can be enforceable, but it would need to be tailored to an employee not working in the US.

Have you seen the contract?

How did you happen to be hired by a US company? Have you started work yet?

If I have answered your questions about this please remember to take a moment and rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

See link on how to rate: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Lorens35,
Experience: