Guillermo Senmartin
Guillermo Senmartin, Attorney At Law
Experience:  Over 12+ years of experience in various areas of U.S. Law and 15+ years of experience in U.S. Immigration Law..
9200179

I have a B2 visa -left the USA on the 22nd October having

I have a B2 visa -left the USA on the 22nd October having been there for 90 days. What is the earliest date I can return ?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: UK resident
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the B-2 visa?
Customer: No went to the American embasy in London they issued it -Expires 2028
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hello! My name is Guillermo Senmartin and I am a licensed attorney with more than 17 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. If I disappear for a few minutes, I have not gone away and I promise I will be back as soon as I can. You see I don't work in a call center, I work in my own legal practice. I'm a real, live lawyer and I assist multiple customers at the same time and something can come up that I need to attend to urgently. I am not ignoring you. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you. I understand you might get a prompt asking if you want to work with another expert, but just ignore it. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Thank you for your understanding.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if the answer is not good news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

Technically, if you went to any country that is not Canada, Mexico or any of the adjacent islands to the U.S., you can come back immediately. However, if you come back too soon, you could be denied entry if they think you are living in the U.S. and just leaving to "reset" the time you can stay. So how soon is "too soon"? The law doesn't say. It is up to the discretion of the CBP officer at the Port of Entry. Generally speaking, you want to stay out longer than you stayed in. If you come back too soon, you should be prepared to answer the following:

1) Why are you coming back so soon?

2) Why couldn't you do what you needed to do during your last trip?

3) How will you be supporting yourself for this additional time since you are not allowed to work?

4) What STRONG ties do you have to your home country to ensure that you will go back?

5) What preparations have you made to go back?

If you can satisfy the officer as to your answers to those questions, they should let you in, but no guarantees.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely appreciate it. You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. IF you still do not see the stars, at least leave me a message that says that you are satisfied with my service to you, something like, "THANK YOU!" should suffice. Thank you for your understanding.

Guillermo Senmartin, Attorney At Law
Experience: Over 12+ years of experience in various areas of U.S. Law and 15+ years of experience in U.S. Immigration Law..

Thank you for the positive rating. If you would like to request me in the future for a different topic, please remember to put FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box. Good luck to you!