Lorens35
Lorens35,
17897874

I am based in the uk and bought a lien through a friend who

I am based in the uk and bought a lien through a friend who had heard of one being sold. I never received the deeds, ahe sent me what was a document of the lien signed over by the previous owners. How do i find out whose name is ***** ***** deed
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: My 'friend" said she filed it with the court and the deed had been issued but i have mot received anything.
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No im in the uk didn't really know who to reach out to
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: How can i check the owners of a property

I’m sorry to say but this all seems remarkably “dodgy”..

You can get the title deed and the plan quickly and easily by using this link:

https://eservices.landregistry.gov.uk/www/wps/portal/!ut/p/b1/04_SjzS0tDQwMTIxMjLXj9CPykssy0xPLMnMz0vMAfGjzOKNjSxMDA1NjDwsjM3MDTxN3dyNDUNMjQ1MjPWDU_P0c6McFQH3SLFU/

and you will have to pay 3 pounds for the title deed and 3 pounds for the plan.

You will then have them in minutes if not seconds.

It will show any charges which are registered but it will not show a lien as such. To get a charge registered it has to go through particular process depending on whether the person who owns the property and whether they agree.

Unless the property is unregistered (1% of the country) then title deeds as such do not change hands and it has to go through a transfer deed process.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thank you for responding but the link is to look for property in the uk. The property in question is based in Houston Texas

Thank you. You posted in UK law. I will get it transferred for you.

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 35 yrs and a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

You do not need to tell me you do not want a phone call or that email is fine. I will not call you, and you will not be charged any additional fee for a phone call, unless you make that specific request.

What sort of "lien" is this? Can you upload to this thread? the assignment you were sent?

How much did you pay? To whom did you send payment? How did you pay?

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Sent the payment via transfer from my uk bank acct.
I paid $11k
Property address 4814 kleinway drive 77066
I made payment to my friend who was handling the purchase for me

Why was it never recorded?

I am sorry to hear of your dilemma. I realize how frustrating this is for you and I hope to provide you information which is accurate and useful, even though it may not be the news you were hoping to get. I just ask that you not shoot the messenger.

I am finding recorded conveyances of the same described property after the date of your deed.

RP-2018-8550603/01/2018

Grantor:LEME PROPERTIES INC

Grantor:NGUYEN HUE T

Grantor:NGUYEN THE V

Grantee:LEME PROPERTIES INC

Grantee:NGUYEN HUE T

Grantee:NGUYEN THE V

Desc:KLEINBROOK

Sec:3

Lot:5

Block:2

+++++++++++++++++

RP-2018-8550503/01/2018W/D

Grantor:NGUYEN HUE T

Grantor:NGUYEN THE V

Grantee:LEME PROPERTIES INC

Desc:KLEINBROOK

Sec:3

Lot:5

Block:2

So, it appears you may be involved in a sham transaction. Even if not a sham, these conveyances would have priority since they were recorded before you.

I would suggest you contact an attorney in Houston to see if you can get further information.

If you need assistance finding local counsel try Martindale Hubble (site rules prohibit us from referring specific attorneys). Many attorneys, themselves, use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise:

http://www.martindale.com/Find-Lawyers-and-Law-Firms.aspx

It is a huge worldwide database searchable by location and specialty. The attorneys are peer rated. So, they represent the top of the profession.

I am sorry. I wish I could tell you otherwise, but I do not want you spinning your wheels on this.

I am happy to continue if you have follow-up questions about this, but if you are satisfied that your question is answered professionally and accurately, even if not the answer you were hoping to get, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

Please let me know if I have answered your question. Your satisfaction with my service to you is important to me.

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Thank you for that i appreciate it
Customer: replied 1 day ago.
So does this mean that the property was never filed over to me or a deed issued at all

You are very welcome.

It means the property may never have been conveyed to you at all and that there are some serious questions regarding the legitimacy of the transaction. Your next step is to retain local counsel and resolve the state of the title and determine the appropriate steps to take next.

Please remember to select “accept the answer” and click on the rating stars at the top or bottom of the page. It is the only way JA registers your rating and credits me for assisting you.

See informational link on how to rate: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Lorens35,
Experience: