How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lorens35 Your Own Question
Category: US Law
Satisfied Customers: 51677
Type Your US Law Question Here...
Lorens35 is online now

Husband got stopped speeding in Georgia, told to pay online

This answer was rated:

Husband got stopped speeding in Georgia, told to pay online in approx 7days as it wouldn’t be online until then, tried to pay online wouldn’t accept as biling address was not us or Canada, it was a Sunday and we were returning to the uk but we did go to a police station in Valdosta Georgia and they tried but again were unsuccessful at processing the payment, but were told to ring the Darien court clerk when we returned home, which we did. Again they wouldn’t accept a uk credit card despite it being American Express, were told we’d have to send a cashiers cheque or money order only in US dollars, have been to both bank and post office and neither issue them. Have tried in desperation for a re
JA: Where is this? And when did the issue begin?
Customer: sorry hadnt finished to get a distant relative to pay on a Canadian credit card it still refused, have just rung the American embassy and they just told me to try all banks or ring the Darien court clerk again ,,
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: It happened in Darien in Georgia on the 10th Nov, no we just need to pay the speeding fine
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No don’t think so

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 35 yrs and a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009.

I had a similar problem trying to pay fee in France after returning to the US from a trip.

My suggestion is that, if you have no friends or business associates in the US who could issue a check on your behalf, with reimbursement from you, you retain a local attorney in GA to handle it and pay on your behalf. You can then send them payment in any form you work out. The attorney can probably be a little more flexible.

If you need assistance finding local counsel in GA try Martindale Hubble (site rules prohibit us from referring specific attorneys). Many attorneys, themselves, use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise:

It is a huge worldwide database searchable by location and specialty. The attorneys are peer rated. So, they represent the top of the profession.

If you are satisfied that your question is answered professionally and accurately, even if not the answer you were hoping to get, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

If I have answered your questions about this please remember to take a moment and rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

See link on how to rate:

Lorens35 and 2 other US Law Specialists are ready to help you