How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ReadyLaw Your Own Question
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Category: US Law
Satisfied Customers: 2806
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
Type Your US Law Question Here...
ReadyLaw is online now

How are you? Basically, I have a contract with my employer.

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: How are you?
JA: I'm good, thanks. How can I help?
Customer: Basically, I have a contract with my employer. It’s a work contract. My employer has broken some serious crimes
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: I spoke up about it and they fired me I was wondering if I had the right to repudiate the contract I have with them based on this.
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: my employer is in the USA they are a LLC with 25+ employees
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, I’ve asked them to give me a copy of my contract 4 times and they have not done it either However they sent me a email saying that I need to be aware of my non disclosure clause and non compete clause I would like to know if I can repudiate the contract based on the company breaking the law and also due to the fact I’ve a, haven’t got a copy of the contract b, haven’t been told what I’ve done to breach the contract
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: US Law
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 1 year ago.

Good day your question has been forwarded to me to see if I may be able to assist

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your patience.

This sounds to me that you would be able to bring a claim against your employers for being unfairly dismissed. If you flagged an issue and you were dismissed as a direct consequence of this it is likely that your employers are acting in breach.

In light of this I recommend that you contact ACAS. They are a free organization that assist persons such as yourself in negotiating claims against employers. Here is there details:

I recommend that you act quickly as employment related claims are time sensitive.

Hope I clarified things for you. Kindly let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Kindly take the time to indicate your acceptance of the answer given. You may do this by clicking on the stars at the top of the page.

All the best


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Are you not able to support me at all by being a law representative?
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for getting back. Unfortunately the site does not allow for us to take on personal clients. In any event where I have directed you is a free government service that you are required first to attempt to use to resolve employment related issues before going to court. As such, I would urge you to give them a call. It may work out to be better for you if they are able to assist you with resolving the matter as you would not be required to pay a fee.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They told me they are unable to help me as this is not employment law, it’s considered contractual law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Since I’m self employed and I’m an independent contractor.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They then told me to speak to a contractual solicitor or lawyer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They have told me:
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (ZT426PG)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (57213TV)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The CTO was hacking into accounts of people he disliked
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is an offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990 and/or the Data Protection act 2018 to gain access to any system or misuse any personal information, breach of confidence and/or a breach of an individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulations ('GDPR')/Data Protection Act 2018. In the USA it's considered under the law - 18 U.S. Code § 103
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The CEO terminated me for “Security Concerns” and then told me to follow the non disclosure agreement. I spoke up about it being wrong for him to do so
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The CTO was the one who was hacking
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was wondering, are they allowed to enforce non disclosure agreement if it’s in relation to a crime? Am I able to disclose the fact the company is committing federal crimes
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 1 year ago.

Are you located in the US or the UK?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I’m located in the UK
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 1 year ago.

I am therefore not understanding your reference to federal laws?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As i've explained, The CTO of the company has broken US Code 103 by breaking into other members of the public's social media and email accounts.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I Told the CEO of this and I was fired.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 1 year ago.

Having reviewed your issue, I believe this is outside of my area of expertise. I will therefore open the question up for a more suitable expert to answer. Do not respond to this thread as in doing so you may delay the process.