How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lorens35 Your Own Question
Category: US Law
Satisfied Customers: 52981
Type Your US Law Question Here...
Lorens35 is online now

I was in a car accident in New York last year June and had

This answer was rated:

I was in a car accident in New York last year June and had no luck with lawyers in the UK due to it being out of jurisdiction. I have contact a law firm in NY but its been some months since I've heard anything and they advised that once it has been allocated to someone they will be in touch. I dont want to continue to delay this as a year has already flown by and I know it's going to be a very long process. Any advise on how I can go about this I live in London (UK) I had to take 9 months out of work due to muscular swelling/ damage and almost a year on I am still in pain and not recovered. I was having weekly sessions acupuncture but due to Covid-19 this was put on hold back in April.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am thank you
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Thank you for your patience,

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 35 yrs and a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009.

I would advise contacting the NY law firm to inquire as to what they have done to advance your claim since you retained them.

If they have not done anything you may want to consider looking for a second opinion and possibly retaining a new law firm to represent you.

If you need assistance finding local NY counsel try Martindale Hubble (site rules prohibit us from referring specific attorneys). Many attorneys, themselves, use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise:

It is a huge worldwide database searchable by location and specialty. The attorneys are peer rated. So, they represent the top of the profession.

If you are satisfied that your question is answered professionally and accurately, even if not the answer you were hoping to get, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

Category: US Law
Satisfied Customers: 52981
Lorens35 and 2 other US Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you