Lorens35
Lorens35,
17897874

I was in a car accident in New York last year June and had

I was in a car accident in New York last year June and had no luck with lawyers in the UK due to it being out of jurisdiction. I have contact a law firm in NY but its been some months since I've heard anything and they advised that once it has been allocated to someone they will be in touch. I dont want to continue to delay this as a year has already flown by and I know it's going to be a very long process. Any advise on how I can go about this I live in London (UK) I had to take 9 months out of work due to muscular swelling/ damage and almost a year on I am still in pain and not recovered. I was having weekly sessions acupuncture but due to Covid-19 this was put on hold back in April.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am thank you
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 35 yrs and a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009.

I would advise contacting the NY law firm to inquire as to what they have done to advance your claim since you retained them.

If they have not done anything you may want to consider looking for a second opinion and possibly retaining a new law firm to represent you.

If you need assistance finding local NY counsel try Martindale Hubble (site rules prohibit us from referring specific attorneys). Many attorneys, themselves, use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise:

http://www.martindale.com/Find-Lawyers-and-Law-Firms.aspx

It is a huge worldwide database searchable by location and specialty. The attorneys are peer rated. So, they represent the top of the profession.

If you are satisfied that your question is answered professionally and accurately, even if not the answer you were hoping to get, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

Lorens35,
Experience: 
Customer: replied 1 month ago.