How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dolan Williams Your Own Question
Dolan Williams
Dolan Williams,
Category: US Law
Satisfied Customers: 69874
Experience:  Law Office of Dolan M Williams at Attorney
Type Your US Law Question Here...
Dolan Williams is online now

I am a co-executor on my mother's estate and have heart

This answer was rated:

I am a co-executor on my mother's estate and have heart issues, so I want to resign. Are there any downsides, or should I just contact my mother's solicitor to explain? I live in California.
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: My heart issues just started this week. Am going for tests tomorrow
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no. Just want to know if I can resign due to ill health

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!

Hello! Thanks for coming to the site. I am an attorney ready to answer your questions. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating. All that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question? Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. Also, you may get a phone call request. These are pop-ups sent by the system; not by me. You're free to accept or decline as you wish.

Thank you for your patience.

If you want to resign, then you can. The job is voluntary, meaning you aren't required to do it if you don't want to. This means you should contact your mother's lawyer so they can work on finding a successor executor or ask the court to appoint a new one.

Dolan Williams,
Category: US Law
Satisfied Customers: 69874
Experience: Law Office of Dolan M Williams at Attorney
Dolan Williams and other US Law Specialists are ready to help you