Dolan Williams
Dolan Williams,
Experience:  Law Office of Dolan M Williams at Attorney
97407003

I am a co-executor on my mother's estate and have heart

I am a co-executor on my mother's estate and have heart issues, so I want to resign. Are there any downsides, or should I just contact my mother's solicitor to explain? I live in California.
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: My heart issues just started this week. Am going for tests tomorrow
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no. Just want to know if I can resign due to ill health

Hello! Thanks for coming to the site. I am an attorney ready to answer your questions. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating. All that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question? Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. Also, you may get a phone call request. These are pop-ups sent by the system; not by me. You're free to accept or decline as you wish.

Thank you for your patience.

If you want to resign, then you can. The job is voluntary, meaning you aren't required to do it if you don't want to. This means you should contact your mother's lawyer so they can work on finding a successor executor or ask the court to appoint a new one.

Dolan Williams,
Experience: Law Office of Dolan M Williams at Attorney