Lorens35
Lorens35,
17897874

I have proof that a customer of mine has deliberately and

Customer Question

I have proof that a customer of mine has deliberately and knowingly breached one of my granted US & European patents. We integrated a patented sensor into this customers equipment and developed it with them then when they had won contract with customer they told me they had decided to use another technology but in fact they continued to supply clopies of our patented technology integrated into their equipment to end customer. We disclosed under NDA how this technology worked as part of the method to integrate it into their machine supplying several levels or prototypes and code.The customer copying our technology admitted they had done this but the pandemic hit before we could persue any further. They also created a copy of another version of this technology which wasnt their directed business and marketted it to our other customers fully knowing our products and technology.We have full disclosure route, proof of supply even their datasheets and marketing of the cloned products.What low cost options to I have to seek restitution and recovery of lost revenue in the USA?Is there a lower cost option to recover lost
Category: US Law
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 22 days ago.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I am happy to wait until you find suitable person to answer
Expert:  Lorens35 replied 21 days ago.

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 35 yrs and a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009.

The format here is a chat. So, feel free to respond with follow-up. I am happy to continue until you are satisfied your questions or concerns have been fully addressed.

I am sorry to hear of the problem. It is understandably weighing heavily on you and I look forward to answering your question and assisting you with this by providing quick and accurate information you will find helpful.

The only way to recover on this and protect your rights is to sue for patent infringement and breach of contract. Since this requires equitable remedies, there is no real "low-cost" option.

You will need local counsel and hopefully you agreements provide for recovery of attorney fees.

If you need assistance finding local counsel try Martindale Hubble (site rules prohibit us from referring specific attorneys). Many attorneys, themselves, use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise:

http://www.martindale.com/Find-Lawyers-and-Law-Firms.aspx

It is a huge worldwide database searchable by location and specialty. The attorneys are peer rated. So, they represent the top of the profession.

I am happy to continue if you have follow-up questions.

Otherwise, if you have no further questions on this, thank you for using JA and best of luck.