Guillermo Senmartin
Guillermo Senmartin, Attorney At Law
Experience:  Over 12+ years of experience in various areas of U.S. Law and 15+ years of experience in U.S. Immigration Law..
9200179

Guillermo, me again. So just to clarify. I know you can't

Customer Question

Hello Guillermo, me again.
So just to clarify. I know you can't say a 100% GUARANTEE, but as long as I have pre-approval (clearance) to enter, from Chicago O'Hare CBP, I should not worry that CBP at Chicago will:
Refer me to immigration court;
- Refuse me entry and send me on a flight back to the UK;
- Detain me overnight?
Category: US Law
Expert:  Guillermo Senmartin replied 14 days ago.

So that you understand, only a U.S. Citizen has a guarantee to enter. Not even the U.S. Lawful Permanent spouse of a U.S. Citizen has a guarantee to enter. That being said, IF you were to get a pre-clearance, then I don't think you should have any trouble. Let me know if you need anything else, it was a pleasure to work with you.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
you mean, ANY non-US citizen entering the USA at any airport can technically be refused entry or detained so in that sense you cannot guarantee 100% it won't happen to me, but with pre-clearance the chances of either of these things happening to me are extremely unlikely?

Correct.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
My biggest fear is that I'm detained overnight and CBP takes my luggage away because I'll have my medication in my luggage. Can they do this?

They could, but just make sure you have a prescription and a medical report as to your condition and why you need the medication.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Ok. I'm going to send any follow-on questions in another topic/session so you get compensated.

I sincerely ***** *****