Guillermo Senmartin
Guillermo Senmartin, Attorney At Law
Experience:  Over 12+ years of experience in various areas of U.S. Law and 15+ years of experience in U.S. Immigration Law..
9200179

I am 80 and my wife is 79. We have been snowbirds from the

I am 80 and my wife is 79. We have been snowbirds from the UK to Florida for the last 15+ years. Does the '14 days hurdle' now rule out any prospect of us flying from the UK direct to FL for the winter season - or even to Chicago where my wife's daughter is married to a US citizen?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: What steps might it be possible to take? We are citizens of and live in the UK.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No - would it help?
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No - it's the president's proclamation in March which seems to be the determining factor.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I will wait for a day or two. Incidentally I should add that we have B2 visas.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. If I do not respond quickly, I promise I will reply as soon as I can. It may take a little time to research and write your answer.

I apologize that no one has wanted to reply. The issue is that no one can give you a guarantee that you will be able to get in or even if you can get in, that you won't be quarantined for two weeks. Because of that, I think most experts have shied away from your question. But I will try to help. You may want to hold off a little on your planned trip until things open up again. But in the meantime, please look at these links every few days for updates:

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/uscis-response-coronavirus-2019-covid-19

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/coronavirus

https://www.dhs.gov/coronavirus

https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/

What else may I answer for you?

I assume you have no additional questions for me. It was a pleasure to assist you. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need help reviewing documentation or additional services outside of this website, we can upgrade the service to communicate in private about that. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details!

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Thank you but I have been unable to find in any of the material to which you refer a definite answer to the question asked (which may well apply also to other snowbirds from across the pond wanting to travel to FL for the winter season). Economically it does not make sense to deny snowbirds the opportunity to bring their currencies and spend $$$ - but then there has never been much encouragement on this and the virus ruins what might otherwise be a normal year.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Sorry but I do not think a call would help find a finite solution.

Until the following changes, I don't think you should attempt travel to the U.S. either on ESTA or B-2:

In accordance with Proclamation—Suspension of Entry as Immigrants and Nonimmigrants of Certain Additional Persons Who Pose a Risk of Transmitting Coronavirus, effective at 11:59 p.m. eastern daylight time on March 16, 2020, the entry into the United States is suspended for most individuals, other than United States citizens and lawful permanent residents, who have been physically present within the United Kingdom, excluding overseas territories outside of Europe, or the Republic of Ireland within 14 days of travel to the United States. Proclamation 9993 regarding travel from a Schengen Area country also remains in effect. Any traveler with a valid ESTA who is subject to the Proclamation and who attempts to travel the United States in violation of the Proclamation will have their ESTA canceled. ESTA will not refund applications that are canceled due to this Proclamation. Travelers who have questions about whether they are subject to, or exempted from, the Proclamation should refer to the Proclamation language, and consult with the U.S. Department of State and the air carrier, as appropriate, in advance of travel to avoid travel disruptions. Proclamation 9984 (Suspension of Entry as Immigrants and Nonimmigrants of Persons Who Pose a Risk of Transmitting 2019 Novel Coronavirus and Other Appropriate Measures To Address This Risk), Proclamation 9992 (Suspension of Entry as Immigrants and Nonimmigrants of Certain Additional Persons Who Pose a Risk of Transmitting 2019 Novel Coronavirus), and Proclamation 9993 (Suspension of Entry as Immigrants and Nonimmigrants of Certain Additional Persons Who Pose a Risk of Transmitting 2019 Novel Coronavirus) all remain in effect.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Thank you for this reply. It confirms how I have read the position.

You are very welcome. If you need additional help on this case, just reply here and I will help if I can. For any different cases in the future, remember to use FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box so that no one else grabs the question and I can become your personal immigration consultant.

Guillermo Senmartin, Attorney At Law
Experience: Over 12+ years of experience in various areas of U.S. Law and 15+ years of experience in U.S. Immigration Law..