Guillermo Senmartin
Guillermo Senmartin, Attorney At Law
Experience:  Over 12+ years of experience in various areas of U.S. Law and 15+ years of experience in U.S. Immigration Law..
9200179

Thanks again for all your help. So, I fly back on say

Thanks again for all your help. So, I fly back on say November 28th, I will have been out of the USA for one year and six weeks. If CBP questions me I will show evidence of my ties to the USA (marriage license, tax returns etc) and will say I was delayed returning due to covid and my own health issues. How specific do you think I should be? I had depression and anxiety. And I will have prescription medications for those conditions with me.

That should be more than enough. I don't think it is unreasonable to be outside of the U.S. for a little more than a year due to the pandemic that has been a problem for the last 9+ months.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Ok thank you. I've given you a five star rating. I may have further questions. I am going to pay a lawyer who is requesting Chicago O'Hare to let me enter and if they approve the request they will send an email stating that I'm approved to enter. This should help avoid problems. I understand maybe I don't really need this but it could help.

Again, I think it is a waste of time and money AND it will just freak you out further if CBP O'Hare declines to answer or worse, says anything negative. I would just leave it alone.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I don't know what to do.

I've already told you a number of times what to do. Book your one way ticket to the U.S. to come back ASAP and bring the evidence that you listed above. That's it. Don't mess with that simple process.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Do you really think requesting pre-approval from Chicago could be detrimental?

No way to guarantee anything either way. I personally would not recommend it.