barristerinky
barristerinky,
19958803

My house was foreclosed in 2010 I was ill at the time and my

My house was foreclosed in 2010 I was ill at the time and my husband is now deceased is there anything I am owed?
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: I didn't take any steps due to my long-term illness
JA: Where is the house located?
Customer: Kissimmee FLORIDA
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation.

.

There may be a short delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply as I am an actual independent practicing attorney, not an employee of JustAnswer.

.

I never… ever… offer the phone call service no matter what pop up ads come up and say.

.

If you would like a call, another attorney will provide that service. I only work on the website. and prefer to type my responses so they are in front of you.

.

Do you know if the house sold for more than was owed on the mortgage? If not, then there would only have been a deficiency that the lender could have potentially sued for. But after 4 years that right would have expired if they didn't actually file suit..

.

You would need to contact the court clerk in the court that supervised any foreclosure sale to see if there might have been a surplus and how to go about contacting the state unclaimed property division to see about filing a claim form for it.

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your swift response - I will do as advised and see where that leads me. Many thanks again. Juanita

You are very welcome. Glad I could help.

.

It was my pleasure to work with you and help with your question. If you ever need to reach me in the future, you can post a new question thread with "For Barrister" in the title and the JustAnswer employees will get it to me.

.

Please take a moment to rate my service positively so I receive credit for my work.

.

.

Have a great afternoon and be safe!