Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  Over 20 years of high volume criminal defense work,including all aspects of a case from arraignment to plea or trial.
18321761

Are you able to find out more about this person i am talking

Are you able to find out more about this person i am talking to. I think he is a scammer
JA: The Fraud Examiner will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Fraud Examiner can help you best.
Customer: I have sent him money and he still wants more. Says it's for the boat fee's etc to get him off the oil rig. He claims to be a surgeon. He sent me a friend request on face book and I saw we had mutual friends and was also on other religious sites. I had joined these sites for answers as my partner has recently committed suicide and i was and still struggling to cope. His Facebook page is Dawn Jenkins but he said it was his late wife's account. His name is ***** *****. When I checked the email address for him it wasn't recognised. I am sure he has a connection with a Dawn Jenkins and they are scammers together. I have photos and conversations. He has tripped up with lies alot. Thankyou
JA: Is there anything else the Fraud Analyst should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I carnt think at present

I’m Zoey, and I am an experienced attorney. I know your question is important to you and I will be giving it the time and attention it deserves.

In case you would like a faster response, the site will automatically offer you an optional phone call for an additional fee. No need to choose a phone call unless you'd like one. I’m happy to type or to talk.

There isn't a day that goes by where we don't get at least one question just like yours.

Scammers LOOOOVE claiming to be oil rig workers because most people don't understand what their life is really like on a rig and what the job entails.

We call this fraud the Stranded Traveler and here's how it works:

You meet a guy on a social networking or dating site and he falls in love with you at warp speed.

He sweeps you off of your feet, talks love, marriage, future and forever before you can even meet in person. He seems to be everything you always wanted in a man, and you can't believe your luck.

Typically, but not always, he claims to be a widower with a son or a daughter. Usually, he claims to have his own business, most often as an engineer, architect, oil rig specialist or contractor. But whatever his job, he makes you believe that he's located somewhere other than his home turf and is completely isolated.

And that's when he turns out to be the world's unluckiest guy. He has the first of a series of emergencies for which only your money will do. The excuses are all lies, designed only to part you with your money.

He has equipment failure, for example, or can't pay his workers, or he runs short of cash, or he's robbed and mugged and all of his identification and money is taken. Or he's hospitalized and can't pay his bills. There are dozens of tried and true excuses. And while any real professional of this type would have insurance, credit, and money he can access for contingencies like this, he makes you feel that he's completely stranded and tells you that you are his only hope.

This scam can come complete with phony documents, phony customs workers, phony lawyers and more. Romance scammers are adept at photoshopping and they create a lot of forged documents. He may even send you a copy of his employment contract or his bank statements, so that you can see that he has a huge amount of money coming to him once he finishes his contract so that you'll believe that he'll be good for the return of the funds that he will ask for from you. Except that everything he has told you is false and any money you send him you will never see again.

Scammers follow this script because it works, and if your situation conforms to the pattern he must be a scammer. There is no exception. If he involves you in his financial affairs and dramas before he's ever even met you in person, he's nothing more than a thief.

I understand that you may still want to believe him because you think you two are in love, but you shouldn't. All he wants is your cash.

Here are two great YouTube videos on fact vs fiction regarding oil rig workers. Watch both of them and learn the truth about what's going on. They are very short:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlVuRdyiFHY

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkOExJmNENs

They will take you less than 10 minutes to watch both of them. If once you finish these, you know I'm going to be right, cease all contact with him and report him online to the FBI at www.IC3.gov by filling out a report there. If you're still not sure, upload his photos to this chat and send me additional concrete information about him so I can do a more specific search

Customer: replied 14 days ago.

It would appear that our answers overlapped and you didn't see mine.  Here it is again:

and

They will take you less than 10 minutes to watch both of them. If once you finish these, you know I'm going to be right, cease all contact with him and report him online to the FBI at www.IC3.gov by filling out a report there. If he claims to be British rather than American, just report him to ActionFrud at www.ActionFraud.police.uk.   If you're still not sure he's a scammer, upload his photos to this chat and send me additional concrete information about him so I can do a more specific search

Any questions? If you need more clarification or have a follow-up, just reply and we can continue our dialogue.