Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  Over 20 years of high volume criminal defense work,including all aspects of a case from arraignment to plea or trial.
18321761

Have recently invested in Bitcoin through a company LBLV,

Have recently invested in Bitcoin through a company LBLV, seem very good but back of my mind could they be another scam?
JA: Oh, dear. I'm sure the Fraud Examiner can help you. Please tell me everything you can so the Fraud Examiner can help you best.
Customer: are LBLV legit?
JA: Is there anything else the Fraud Analyst should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: everything about LBLV seems to be going good, they sent me money after the first week of trading. They seem to know what they are doing, even provide bitcoin training. have learnt allot in the last four weeks and will start trading myself as soon as i feel confident. Prior to this my only experience were all scams by four previous brokers. Got away lightly in the past and would like LBLV to stop this scam trend. I have invested £50,000 and my target is £100,000 when I feel comfy with them. went to my wallet and withdrew £200 as a test that I had control of my account. They also seem to like giving gifts to me and say a brand new computer is on its way, £250 johnie walker whiskey and laptops for grandchildren. Need to find out if they are legit or scam? have not seen these gifts yet but will help to reassure if they do turn up!

I’m Zoey, and I am an experienced attorney. I know your question is important to you and I will be giving it the time and attention it deserves.

In case you would like a faster response, the site will automatically offer you an optional phone call for an additional fee. No need to choose a phone call unless you'd like one. I’m happy to type or to talk.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
happy with you.

Unfortunately, I don't have good news for you.   This is an unregulated firm operating off-shore from the Seychelles.  Close to 100% of all unregulated investment sites are scams, and I don't have any reason to believe this one will turn out to be much different.

In January, your country's Financial Conduct Authority posted a warning about this company letting potential investors know LBLV has no authority to trade in the UK.   You can see that here:  https://register.fca.org.uk/s/unauthorised-firm?id=0014G00002Wx5BzQAJ

LBLV looks like just one more fly-by-night crypto broker, ready to run off with your money. Because they are unregulated, sites like this make their own rules and do as they please. There is nobody to stop them as they are trading illegally in the first place and are outside of the reach of the law.

All of these bogus brokerages have a handful of things in common:

Typically, they are new and they hang around only until the scam alerts about them build up. Then they disappear into cyberspace with their investors' money. They generally require a small opening investment and when it does well, they may even let you test the waters and withdraw something. But then they turn your account over to an agent who induces you to make much heavier investments. Once you do, that's the last you'll see of that money. They find one way after another, after another, after another to keep you from getting your money out.

So far, all appears to be going well for you.  But being able to withdraw £200 isn't the same as being able to withdraw £50,000.   I'd suggest more than one test before you think about increasing your investment.

Try to pull a larger amount of your money out if you can. DON'T put any more money in unless/until you are very sure that you can do so whenever you want.   As you can see from your FCA's warning, should this investment go awry, you cannot hope for any support from the FCA.  You'll be on your own.

Any questions? If you need more clarification or have a follow-up, just reply and we can continue our dialogue.