Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  Over 20 years of high volume criminal defense work,including all aspects of a case from arraignment to plea or trial.
18321761

A guy off tinder I have been talking to for several weeks

A guy off tinder I have been talking to for several weeks asked me to transfer money from his bank to a business associate of his. My bank details are not included in any form of way. So he has sent me his details and his supposed business associate. Is this a scam in any form of way, only I am a very cautious sceptical person and fear I will be doing something wrong
JA: Oh, dear. I'm sure the Fraud Examiner can help you. Is there anything else the Fraud Analyst should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no that’s it thank you

I’m Zoey, and I am an experienced attorney. I know your question is important to you and I will be giving it the time and attention it deserves.

In case you would like a faster response, the site will automatically offer you an optional phone call for an additional fee. No need to choose a phone call unless you'd like one. I’m happy to type or to talk.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Type would be better. Thank you

No problem.  I am typing right now.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have family around me and really do not want them to hear my conversation

Yes.  It is a scam.  Do not proceed further with this relationship.

How can this hurt you if it doesn't cost you any money?    Here's how:

If you can get into his account, so can he.  There's no reason he can't do this for himself.  So why does he really need you?  Because it's not his account.  It's some other victim of the scammer's whose account he's hacked or gotten access to.   He can't dip into this himself, because if he transfers the money, it will trace to him.  So he's using you to launder the money through your account that he's going to have you steal from someone else.   In that way, the transaction will trace to YOU.

This is a good way to get yourself arrested.

Cease all conversation with this person.    NEVER let any internet romance you have not met in person and developed a real-time, face-to-face, committed relationship with involve you in any way in his finances.  Whether he's got you giving money, taking money, transferring money or investing money it will always end badly for you, each and every time.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok thank you. I was wondering if it was to get me into trouble. I’ll keep well away. I think I should pass it onto the police. How awful. Thank you

You're welcome.

Yes.  You should pass it on to the police.  The people who do these things are great at sweet-talking their victims, but they are actually quite ruthless and will take your last shilling if you let them or expose you to risks that can be very serious and then disappear once you have to face the consequences.

Never get involved in an online romance's money issues.

Any other follow-up questions?  If there is anything more I can help with, you can always find me again on this chat thread or by opening a brand new question and starting it with "For Zoey Only."

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you so much

You're very welcome!