Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  Over 20 years of high volume criminal defense work,including all aspects of a case from arraignment to plea or trial.
18321761

Can l ask have you had any issues noted with a company

Customer Question

Can l ask have you had any issues noted with a company called hsmbra oil and gas group in Abu Dhabi UAE ref www.hamraoilgroup.com
JA: The Fraud Examiner will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Fraud Examiner can help you best.
Customer: Also a travel agency in Abu Dhabi called abuzack travel agents
JA: Is there anything else the Fraud Analyst should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Sorry that is hambra oil and gas www.hamraoilgroup.com
Category: US Law
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hambra oil group abu Dhabi
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hamra oil group abu Dhabi or Abuzack travel agents also in abu Dhabi
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 2 months ago.

I’m Zoey, and I am an experienced attorney. I know your question is important to you and I will be giving it the time and attention it deserves.

In case you would like a faster response, the site will automatically offer you an optional phone call for an additional fee. No need to choose a phone call unless you'd like one. I’m happy to type or to talk.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 2 months ago.

What is your relationship with this company?  Have they offered you a job?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
a presented contract zoey it is just that the visa process is different hamra oil group now use abuzack travel agents for their work visa and request payment. Thus just checking both companies and their legitimacy in procedure please tel 07939 353 471 for me its very important l check both please
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 2 months ago.

These companies are not legitimate.   You can verify the existence of a company in Abu Dhabi by looking it up on the official portal of the government's registry and doing a search of their database:  https://cbls.economy.gov.ae/Search_By_BN.aspx   You will not find either company on the register, where they should be for tax purposes.

I have also looked at the domain registration information for the oil comany's website.  What I have found is that the website is only 22 days old.  It did not exist before May 10, 2021.  It also is only registered for one year, the least amount of time you can register a domain for.   This is the sign of a fly-by-night website and an almost certain scam.

Finally, you hit the nail on the head when you told me that this does involve a job offer but their visa process is different and requires payment from you.  That's one of the hallmarks of a job recruitment scam.

The names of the companies supposedly offering the job change, though they are usually actual companies that most people have heard of. However, the job itself is not real. It is simply an excuse to phish for sensitive personal information about you and to steal your money.

Here's one warning about such scams:

https://legaladviceme.com/legal-blog/138/scam-alert-fake-uae-job-offers  There are many others.

Other hallmarks of the scam:

-- the job is offered out of thin air or on the strength of your online resumé that you posted on some internet site;

-- the position is given to you with only a perfunctory interview via Skype or something along those lines;

-- The position is offered to you before it's even established that you are qualified to enter and work in the UAE; and

-- There is money you have to pay in order to qualify.

If this were real, the company would be sponsoring you and would have vetted you completely and paid all immigration and relocation expenses. Also, frankly, it's highly unusual that a major company would recruit from another foreign country to serve in their UAE branch unless whatever skills you have are so unusual that they couldn't be matched by  someone already in Abu Dhabi.

Don't send any money. You don't have a job. You'll just be throwing your money away.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I agree thats why I wanted to verify it thank you appreciated as I have paid my medicals and visas here previously but after online interviews agreed.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 2 months ago.

You're welcome.

I'm glad you realized that it was a likely scam and thought to inquire.

Any other follow-up questions?

If there is anything more I can clarify or help with, you can always find me again on this chat thread or by starting a new question with "For Zoey Only."

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I believe it is Ras Al Hamra Llc their parent company is in Oman they have a division in UAE abu Dhabi but main company is Ras Al hamra of Oman Llc
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 2 months ago.
You gave me the website. That does not check out. So it doesn’t change the answer in that it is still a job recruiting scam.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Zoey l am going to call Oman head office but could you check this website. Ref. www.hamraoilgroupae.com. note the ae designation for UAE l will check in Oman
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 2 months ago.

There is no real ae designation.  If there were it would have a . before it.  This is just trying to fool you, which it obviously did.  This site is exactly 1 day old, posted just to try to fool you.  I'm uploading a screenshot of the domain registration information.

I'm running out of ways to tell you that you're being scammed.  You don't have a job.   Period.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 2 months ago.

If you call any of the numbers on the phony websites, you're going to be told you have a job, because none of those numbers is real.   The real Hamra Oil is in Alexandria, Egypt https://www.dnb.com/business-directory/company-profiles.el_hamra_oil_company.d23ce81d9c393dc666f0b8088e012ed2.html

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No l have done checked with adnoc hr dept l am just making certain the issue was always
Yes l knew but the person's name was familiar . I will pass to authorities nothing fooled me as they never call and entry visas come from oil companies this is a service entity
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 2 months ago.

Okay. Thanks for clarifying.