Guillermo Senmartin
Guillermo Senmartin, Attorney At Law
Experience:  Over 12+ years of experience in various areas of U.S. Law and 15+ years of experience in U.S. Immigration Law..
9200179

I am an American citizen and would like to make arrangements

I am an American citizen and would like to make arrangements to allow my mother (UK citizen) to relocate and live in the USA. Would appreciate your guidance on best way to arrange this.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: No steps taken yet. I have dual citizenship (British and USA) I live in Naperville, Illinois).
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don't think so.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. If I do not respond quickly, I promise I will reply as soon as I can. It may take a little time to research and write your answer.

You are over 21? Unfortunately it will take about a year or so to process her immigrant visa, and unless there is a true urgency or emergency, not something that is common, like you want to be together sooner rather than later, that's everyone, or because you fear issues with the pandemic, that's everyone also, it is very difficult to expedite this process and she is not supposed to visit the U.S. during this process as she could be denied entry and that can carry penalties.

I assume you had no additional questions for me.  My goal is to provide you with excellent service – but we are NOT done if you need to continue.  If you feel you have received anything less than excellent service or you just simply have additional questions, please reply back as I am happy to address a few (within a reasonable limit) follow-up questions for you and there is no additional charge.  Also, should you need help reviewing documentation or additional services outside of this website, we can upgrade the service to communicate in private about that.

Thank you for the positive rating.  If you would like to request me in the future for a different topic, please remember to put FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box.  Good luck to you!