How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MarianC Your Own Question
MarianC, Solicitor
Category: US Law
Satisfied Customers: 1022
Experience:  20 years experience in Wills and Probates and Trusts
Type Your US Law Question Here...
MarianC is online now

I am going to New York from London on 29th June. Will I be

Customer Question

Hi, I am going to New York from London on 29th June. Will I be allowed in with an ESTA?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I live in the UK, with a UK citizenship. I haven’t filed any paperwork yet, and was wondering what paperwork I need
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No nothing else
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: US Law
Expert:  MarianC replied 14 days ago.

Good afternoon, you will need an ESTA if you are there for a short trip and not working. Also there are still restrictions on who is allowed entry.

Kind regards


Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi thanks, ***** ***** be allowed entry if I’m visiting a friend?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Also, what other paperwork do I need?
Expert:  MarianC replied 14 days ago.

Hi, no, there is no leisure travel, have you booked a ticket? if you are a UK citizen then you just need a passport and an ESTA I do not know if you have to have both COVID vaccinations you will need to check the UK Foreign Office website. I can't even get over to visit my son who lives there.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Ah, I see. I have booked a ticket yes. I am going to be working there though, which may make it much easier for me to get through immigration
Expert:  MarianC replied 14 days ago.

Ok so to be working there you need a Green Card or a visa from your employer.

Expert:  MarianC replied 13 days ago.

Good afternoon, do you need further assistance?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Are there any exceptions to get in with an ESTA but no work Visa/green card?
Expert:  MarianC replied 13 days ago.

Not if you will be working. You could be deported and excluded from further entry to the US. If you are not working then yes an ESTA but there are still no tourist entries allowed so you still couldn't get in.

Expert:  MarianC replied 12 days ago.

Good morning do you have any further questions?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No, thanks very much