Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  Over 20 years of high volume criminal defense work,including all aspects of a case from arraignment to plea or trial.
18321761

Is cooledge portable air conditioner a scam, Tonight I

Is cooledge portable air conditioner a scam
JA: Oh, dear. I'm sure the Fraud Examiner can help you. Please tell me everything you can so the Fraud Examiner can help you best.
Customer: Tonight I ordered the so called portable air conditioner a desktop one so called the best new type selling out all over the place with 50% off. I so say went to the official website. My order was confirmed by hyperstech I read the reviews and are not good
JA: Is there anything else the Fraud Analyst should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No

I’m Zoey, and I am an experienced attorney. I know your question is important to you and I will be giving it the time and attention it deserves.

In case you would like a faster response, the site will automatically offer you an optional phone call for an additional fee. No need to choose a phone call unless you'd like one. I’m happy to type or to talk.

Is the official website www.cooledge.shop?  If not, can you link me  to the official website?  How did you pay for the product?

Anything that is on the web which is much too good to be true is usually just that.

A water air cooler might have some effect on the temperature in the area, but it is only as cool as the water is.  Over time, the water is going to warm and also evaporate.  While not an outright scam, it's not what it's all hyped up to be.

The official website is only 2 days old and it was registered to stick around for only one year, the least amount of time one can register a domain name for.   The site registrant's location is being hidden by a proxy service in Iceland.  That's a bad sign too, because the site itself has no physical location for the company.

There's no guarantee with this product.  To the contrary, the disclosure for the website tells you that they have been paid compensation to post the ad and they do not guarantee anything:  https://cooledge.shop/advertiser-disclosure/

The website itself is written in poor English with the kind of mistakes characteristically made by people whose first language isn't English.  Who knows where this company is really located and what, if anything, you'd have to do to find them to get a refund.

I cannot prove that the actual company won't send you a product.  But if you don't like it, you're likely not going to be able to return it and you're unlikely to be able to find them to take any legal recourse against them.

Most sites like this tend to be Chinese and they at least take PayPal and credit cards.  So if you get nothing at all or get something that is not as it was described, you could contact them to try to get a refund.

Do you need me to clarify anything or to give you more information?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can I stop the payment

How did you pay for it?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Not happening to call you

You didn't pay for a call.   However, Customer Service handles all membership and billing questions. Contact them at***@******.*** and they will take care of that for you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My joint current account with my husband.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK thanks

You're very welcome!

If there is anything more I can help with, you can always find me again on this chat thread or by opening a brand new question and starting it with "For Zoey Only."

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm going to phone my bank tomorrow

That's a good idea.  Then email Cooledge that you've cancelled their order.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I already emailed them to cancel order

That ought to do it, then.   Hopefully, the bank can stop the check.