Guillermo Senmartin
Guillermo Senmartin, Attorney At Law
Experience:  Over 12+ years of experience in various areas of U.S. Law and 15+ years of experience in U.S. Immigration Law..
9200179

What’s the best way to start a business in the USA if I am a

Customer Question

What’s the best way to start a business in the USA if I am a U.K. citizen
Category: US Law
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 18 days ago.

Expert:  Guillermo Senmartin replied 17 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. If I do not respond quickly, I promise I will reply as soon as I can. It may take a little time to research and write your answer, I could be helping other customers, or I could be attending to personal clients as I have my law practice.

Are you asking about just setting up a business in the U.S. and running it from the UK or what you are really asking is how to set up a business and get legal status in the U.S. through it?

Expert:  Guillermo Senmartin replied 16 days ago.

Hello again.  Sometimes, when messages go through cell phone texts, the messages do not come through.  I sincerely ***** ***** that is the case.  Please let me know what U.S. Immigration Law questions do you have for me.  Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Expert:  Guillermo Senmartin replied 14 days ago.

I am not sure why you are not responding.   Without a reply from you, I can only give you a general answer.

Usually, attorneys do not take cases of E visas for less than a $150,000 investment.  That is because they do not want to risk losing the case and having an upset client.  The client has to have the money already invested and at risk.  If the government denies the case, the client probably has to sell the business to recoup their investment.

Here is a link to the E-2 if you want to read more:

http://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/temporary-workers/e-2-treaty-investors

If you own a business outside of the U.S. for more than one year and will continue to run that business, you can invest $150,000 or more in a U.S. business (doesn't have to be the same business, but must be related by ownership) and you can try for an L-1A visa. Here is a link to that, but keep in mind that both businesses have to be run and should be successful. You can't just come to the U.S. and forget about the company outside and let it die:

http://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/temporary-workers/l-1a-intracompany-transferee-executive-or-manager

What else may I answer for you?

Expert:  Guillermo Senmartin replied 13 days ago.

I assume you have no additional questions for me.  Thank you for being a valued customer.  My goal is to provide you with excellent service – but that does NOT mean we finished if you need to continue.  If you feel you have received anything less than quality service or have additional questions, please reply.   I am happy to address 1 or 2 follow-up questions for you.  There is no additional charge for that.  For any different cases in the future, please post a NEW session and remember to use FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box so that no one else grabs the question.  That way, I can become your exclusive immigration consultant.