Guillermo Senmartin
Guillermo Senmartin, Attorney At Law
Experience:  Over 12+ years of experience in various areas of U.S. Law and 15+ years of experience in U.S. Immigration Law..
9200179

Can I travel to the USA if I have been in Canada for 14 days

Customer Question

Category: US Law
Expert:  Guillermo Senmartin replied 13 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. If I do not respond quickly, I promise I will reply as soon as I can. It may take a little time to research and write your answer, I could be helping other customers, or I could be attending to personal clients as I have my law practice.

It should be possible, but take a look at the latest official information:

COVID-19 Information - Canada | U.S. Embassy & Consulates in Canada (usembassy.gov)

What else may I answer for you?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
It still doesn’t help, can I fly to USA from Canada after 14 days and are there any things I need to get

Not sure why you are saying it doesn't help. If you are asking about a guarantee, there is no guarantee of entry for a non-U.S. Citizen. Honestly, the only reason I elected to respond because I knew no other expert would respond to your question and you would get frustrated when your question just sat there for days on end. I would focus on the following:

• Is a negative COVID-19 test (PCR and/or serology) required for entry?  Yes, for travelers ages 5 and older.
    • Travelers by land or air must provide negative laboratory COVID-19 molecular polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test results taken within 72 hours of their arrival at a land border or their scheduled air departure to Canada. There are no exceptions for travelers who are partially or fully vaccinated.
  • Are health screening procedures in place at airports and other ports of entry? Yes
    • Upon arrival to Canada, as well as towards the end of their 14-day quarantine, non-vaccinated travelers by land and air are required to take a COVID-19 molecular test. Canada has implemented randomized on-arrival COVID-19 molecular testing for fully vaccinated travelers. For more on these requirements, please click here.
    • Fully vaccinated travelers who are permitted to enter Canada are not subject to the federal requirement to quarantine or take a COVID-19 test towards the end of quarantine. For more information on travel for fully vaccinated individuals, please click here.
    • All passengers on flights departing or arriving at Canadian airports are required to wear a non-medical mask or face covering that covers their mouth and nose.

What else would you like to know?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
If we fly to Canada, stay for 2 was. Can we then go into Florida or is there a chance we’ll get turned away.
Simple question. No not to be rude

Again, there is never a guarantee of entry if you are not a U.S. Citizen. So there is always a chance of being turned away, but I think it would be a very small chance if you are in Canada for 14+ days AND you have the negative PCR test, and whatever else they are requiring at the time that you request to enter the U.S. What other U.S. Immigration Law questions do you have for me?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
That’s all. Thank you

You are very welcome. Thank you for being a valued customer. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – but that does NOT mean we finished if you need to continue. If you feel you have received anything less than quality service or have additional questions, please reply. I am happy to address 1 or 2 follow-up questions for you. There is no additional charge for that. For any different cases in the future, please post a NEW session and remember to use FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box so that no one else grabs the question. That way, I can become your exclusive immigration consultant.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.

My pleasure.