Guillermo Senmartin
Guillermo Senmartin, Attorney At Law
Experience:  Over 12+ years of experience in various areas of U.S. Law and 15+ years of experience in U.S. Immigration Law..
9200179

On my last trip to the US I was held in immigration for 6

Hello, on my last trip to the US I was held in immigration for 6 hours and was eventually let out. Will there be any record of it for when I next go? Thank you
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: UK citizen
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: I haven’t but have been thinking about it
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I had lied on one question of the ESTA

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 19 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. If I do not respond quickly, I promise I will reply as soon as I can. It may take a little time to research and write your answer, I could be helping other customers, or I could be attending to personal clients as I have my law practice. Also, the system may send a message asking if you want to upgrade to a phone call. That is automated. You can ignore it if you like and continue here for no additional charge, or if you find it easier to speak, upgrade as it is usually worth it.

Remember, if I do not respond quickly, I am NOT ignoring you. I am here. I may just be busy. I am confirming by this response that I did receive your question, but if you want to make sure that this session doesn't escape my notice, just send me a short reply. Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay.  Yes, they will have records.  What did you lie about on the ESTA?  Is that why they detained you?  If not, then why?  Did they finally let you in?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hey thank you for replying. Would this be able to be over a phone call or does it have to be on here?

It's $59 more for a phone call, or we may continue here without additional fee. Up to you.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I’d like to call please

Ok.  You don't have that option?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No I haven’t had that message yet

I can send that offer now.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Great, thank you

I sent it.  You aren't able to accept it?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No, I’m not seeing anything. Would it be on here or email?

Not sure.  If you are using the phone app, you may have to log into your Just Answer account on an internet browser.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I’ve accepted it on the browser
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Has that gone through?

I see it.  But I can't make a long-distance phone call.  Do you have Skype?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I can download it, or I have Zoom

Skype is better.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I’ve done it. Through email?

I posted my Skype number which is my email.  Just use that to call.  I have an appointment in 30 minutes, so please call soon.  Thank you.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Sorry would you mind posting it again? I’m unable to find it

I just posted it again.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Great, thank you

No problem.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hey again. When making an FOIA request, what was required did you say was a CBP document?

Here are the links:

https://www.cbp.gov/site-policy-notices/foia

https://www.ice.gov/about-ice/management-administration/foia

I would just ask for a full copy of whatever they have.