Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  Over 20 years of high volume criminal defense work,including all aspects of a case from arraignment to plea or trial.
18321761

I was telephoned by altcrypt a lady called Sophie Kibus she

I was telephoned by altcrypt a lady called Sophie Kibus she sent me some details to register with them of which I have looked at. It appears genuine but I’m not sure I haven’t registered yet they have my telephone number & my email address. I registered a while back with Olsen capital they are saying I have money owed to from the account & they are in court for wrong doing altcrypt want to get me my money that is owed back to me. I opened the account a few years ago around 2018. Is this a con???
JA: The Fraud Examiner will know what to do. Is there anything else the Fraud Analyst should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: just that Olsen Capital are supposed to owe me some money my email address is***@******.*** if needed. The lady will call me back at 3pm tomorrow & asked me to register with them as they want to return over 14000 dollars to me I’m really not sure

I’m Zoey, and I am an experienced attorney. I know your question is important to you and I will be giving it the time and attention it deserves.

In case you would like a faster response, the site will automatically offer you an optional phone call for an additional fee. No need to choose a phone call unless you'd like one. I’m happy to type or to talk.

Do you have a website for Altcrypt that you can share with me?    Are they asking you for money?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
They are not asking for money yet they just want me to register with them. I could send you a copy of the email sent to me. It’s basically log in details attached to my email address https://altcrypt.cc/*****@******.*** then they sent a code to get into the account to look at it explaining I should change the code with my own

Thank you.  What I need is their email address.  Can you give that to me please?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
They are not asking for money yet they just want me to register with them. I could send you a copy of the email sent to me. It’s basically log in details attached to my email address https://altcrypt.cc

Thank you.  Give me a few minutes to look into this and see what I can find.  Then I will type you a reply.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
This is all that has been sent to me so far when you press on the link the website does come up
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I guess you will have to add my email to it

Please give me some time to see what this is all about and type you a reply.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
The telephone number that she phoned me on is +44(###) ###-####when you phone it it’s always engaged. I will wait there is no probs & THANKYOU for your help
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
The telephone number that she phoned me on is +44(###) ###-####when you phone it it’s always engaged

When once you have fallen for an investment scam, sooner or later scammers always come back in new disguises for another bite of the apple and try to take advantage of you all over again. The most common way that they do it is to pretend to be a lawyer, a business or a government agency that claims it can get you your money back.

The very fact that they made unsolicited contact with you is suspicious.   Who but the original scammers knew that you were hurt with Olsen Capital?   And if there was a legal action to which you were a party, why did you not get official legal notice of any such class action?   You would have done if there was litigation on behalf of you and others who were scammed.

Calls like yours are how scammers and hackers get significant personal identifying information and look to commit identity theft and to steal as much money as they can get you to send them to recover your so-called award.

AltCrypt is just a digital wallet.  The firm is Swiss and the domain address has been registered since 29 September 2020.   It is a legitimate site, but so what?   The site is just the means by which you supposedly will get your money back from someone else.  But you won't.  Instead, the scammers will use that account under your name to engage in money laundering and you won't be able to trace them.

Tell them to just mail you a check.   They won't of course.  But if they are real, there is no reason that they couldn't.

You can report this to ActionFraud in the UK at https://www.actionfraud.police.uk and to the FBI in the US by filling out an online report at https://ic3.gov/

Do you need me to clarify anything or to give you more information?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No you have done a wonderful job & thanks again. I haven’t registered or set up anything with them yet so you have saved me so far

Thank you for the kind words!

I'm glad to hear you haven't compromised your identity or sent off any money.

If there is anything more I can help with for this issue, you can always find me again on this chat thread. If you have new questions about other topics, just start that new question with "For Zoey Only" and type @Zoey_JD. You’ll be able to select my username to tag me in the question.