How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo Senmartin Your Own Question
Guillermo Senmartin
Guillermo Senmartin, Attorney At Law
Category: US Law
Satisfied Customers: 139287
Experience:  Over 12+ years of experience in various areas of U.S. Law and 15+ years of experience in U.S. Immigration Law..
Type Your US Law Question Here...
Guillermo Senmartin is online now

I’m enquiring about how to apply for a B2 visa for US, I

Customer Question

Hi. I’m enquiring about how to apply for a B2 visa for US
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I have dual nationality. Romanian being my first gained by birth and British citizenship by naturalisation
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the B-2 visa?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Submitted: 5 days ago.
Category: US Law
Expert:  Guillermo Senmartin replied 5 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 20 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. If I do not respond quickly, I promise I will reply as soon as I can. It may take a little time to research and write your answer, I could be helping other customers, or I could be attending to personal clients as I have my law practice. Also, the system may send a message asking if you want to upgrade to a phone call. That is automated. You can ignore it if you like and continue here for no additional charge, or if you find it easier to speak, upgrade as it is usually worth it.

Remember, if I do not respond quickly, I am NOT ignoring you. I am here. I may just be busy. I am confirming by this response that I did receive your question, but if you want to make sure that this session doesn't escape my notice, just send me a short reply. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Guillermo Senmartin replied 5 days ago.

Sorry for the delay.  You can look at the link below for all the information that you need about a visitor visa:

Essentially, you must have a valid reason for visiting. You must have a way to support yourself without working illegally. You must have significant ties to your home country, and you must have the intent to return home.

A letter of invitation helps with some of this as it will help show why you are coming to the U.S., how much time you will need and that perhaps you will have a place to stay so you don't have to spend money. Usually, you want to show that you are going just for a few weeks or so. If it is longer than that, immigration will wonder why and will become suspicious. They are almost sure to deny someone that says they want to visit for 5 or 6 months unless they have solid evidence of everything else I listed above. But keep in mind that a letter of invitation is a small part of the process and isn't even a requirement (people mistakenly believe it is the most important), and could use it against the applicant. For example, if the consular officer believes that the applicant will have too much support to stay illegally in the U.S. or there is a romantic connection, the officer would deny the visa. Sometimes it is better not even to have a letter of invitation. The most important part of a case is to have strong ties to the home country.

Now, as to some of the ties, you will need to show that you have an immediate family at home, property not quickly sold, and an excellent job for a good company that you have had for a while and that you would not usually abandon.

So if you are young (or older), without much money or any property, you could be denied. You would be a risk for staying illegal. Also, persons who are planning to travel with their spouse and children are a risk because some of their significant ties are going with them.

I mean, some people have been approved with less, but I am trying to give you the idea for the best chance.

What else may I answer for you? I want to make sure you are satisfied and happy with my service to you.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I have already applied for ESTA and I have had it declined because by error I’ve answered yes I am a terrorist or being part of a terrorist organisation.
Obviously this is not the case and the US authority could check this
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I’ve been told that I have to apply for a face to face interview for the visa
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
In this instance - would I ever be granted a visa based on rejection for ESTA?
Expert:  Guillermo Senmartin replied 5 days ago.

Well, it could be a permanent bar unless you can prove that you do not have such ties and it was just a mistake.  

What else would you like to know? It is important to me that you be satisfied and pleased with the answers that I have provided.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I can prove by being checked by them in any ways possible they want to do it so.
One more question - how can I complete the DS 160 form? There’s asking me to complete the address of where I’m going to stay in the US but how can I book anything beforehand if I haven’t got travel authorisation given?
Expert:  Guillermo Senmartin replied 5 days ago.

You don't really have to book, but if you know the hotel address, use that address.  

What other U.S. Immigration Law questions do you have for me? I hope you are pleased with my service. All I want to do is help.

Expert:  Guillermo Senmartin replied 4 days ago.

I assume that you have no additional U.S. immigration law questions for me at this time. Thank you for being a valued customer. Due to time constraints, I am not really available for follow-up questions, but if you need more help or for any situations in the future, please post a NEW session and remember to write FOR GUILLERMO in the message box so that no one else grabs the question. That way, I can become your exclusive immigration consultant. Also, I am not currently taking active cases for representation, but I am accepting certain cases for review and for a very competitive price. Those cases are primarily Adjustment of Status, Removal of Conditions on green cards, and Naturalization. If interested, please let me know so that I can send you a Premium Service request for just a few dollars to discuss in private. I hope you continue to use Just Answer in the future. It really is a great site where, from the comfort of your own home or office, you can communicate with experts in many different areas apart from Legal like Medical, Tax, Automotive, Computer, Electronics, and the list goes on and on. Thanks again and good luck in all your endeavors!