How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tax.appeal.168 Your Own Question
Tax.appeal.168, Accountant
Category: US Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4583
Experience:  3+ decades of various tax experience, including ex-pat, tax prep and accounting as a business owner.
Type Your US Tax Question Here...
Tax.appeal.168 is online now

I am sole employee of my own small Ltd. UK company. I have

This answer was rated:

I am sole employee of my own small Ltd. UK company. I have a US client and need to fill in a W8-BEN or W8-BEN-E form for US tax authority. Can you advise which form and if the latter form, assist in filling it in?
Thank you for choosing this question and answer service. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

Q: Can you advise which form and if the latter form, assist in filling it in?

A: Based on the information that you have provided, you should complete the form W8-Ben-E. SEE BELOW:


U.S. trade or business and you are claiming a reduced
rate of withholding under an applicable income tax treaty
in effect, do not use Form W-8ECI. Instead, provide Form
W-8BEN, Certificate of Foreign Status of Beneficial Owner
for United States Tax Withholding (Individuals) or Form
W-8BEN-E, Certificate of Status of Beneficial Owner for
United States Tax Withholding and Reporting (Entities).

I can assist you with completing the form, however, this is considered an additional service which will be an additional fee. I can make you an offer, you can choose to accept the offer. If you accept the offer, I ask you to provide me with additional contact information, such as email, telephone number and then we go from there. I know that you are in the U.K. so the telephone communication may not work because of the time difference. We can communicate via email.

Let me know if you would like for me to make an offer for the assistance of completing the form. In the meantime, if I have answered your question, please provide a positive response to my answer so that I may receive credit for assisting you.

Tax.appeal.168 and other US Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Many thanks Angela, I have to go out now - would it be possible to pick up on the detail on the form on Saturday with you?

Hello again,

Saturday is fine for me, but please give me a time frame so that I can be available. It is current 1:32 p.m. where I am. I am on the west coast. I can be available after noon my time on saturday.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will be in your neighbourhood next Tuesday 17th, so can we leave it til then - say email /Skype around 10am EST ? Pls can you give me a quote for the next work?

Many thanks Hilary


skype: Hilary.newstead 1


10 a.m. EST is 7 a.m. my time. Is there any way that we can do it later, say around 9:00 a.m. my time, which is noon EST? There is a 3 hr. difference between the east and west coast. The west coast is behind the east coast by 3 hrs. I will send the additional services offer.

My apologies, I just remembered that Tuesday is not good for me. I recently started doing volunteer work on Tuesday mornings. I can be available after 1:00 PST (4:00 EST) on Tuesday.
I do not see the Additional Services offer. I will contact support so that I can send you a private offer (viewed between you and I only).
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok. Many thanks

Thank you for the positive rating. I do appreciate it. I'll get the offer to you as soon as I can.
Hello again,

I was told by support that the Additional Services option is not available for UK customers, however, I will contact you through Skype and let you know what my proposed fee would be to assist with the completion of the form. I will skype you later this afternoon or tomorrow.