Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Accountant
Experience:  3+ decades of various tax experience, including ex-pat, tax prep and accounting as a business owner.
58285678

Just to clarify, I have actually earned money but no more than

Just to clarify, I have actually earned money but no more than £40k in any year for the last 6 years and no more than £60k a year before that. So when I said that I didn't meet the minimum threshold I meant for an overseas citizen on money earned overseas (as I understand it) not the minimum if you were living/earning in the US - so would it still be true that I am not required to file ? or just file for the last 6 years ?
Hello again,

If once converted to U.S. dollars, the amount that you earn overseas meets the minimum amount required to file in the U.S., you will need to file a return in the U.S. The dollar amount needs to be converted. To be in compliance, you wil need to file the last 6 years if your income, once coverted to USD requires you to do so.