TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Tax Preparer
Experience:  International
14155347

I am looking at what the requirements for tax would be for

Hi, I am looking at what the requirements for tax would be for being an affiliate for an american software company, there is a choice of tax forms you have to fill out, W8-BEN, W8-BEN-E, W9, or W8-IMY. I am not a LTD I am a sole trader as of now. It is also asking for my foreign tax identification number or US Taxpayer identification number, is this something you could help me with? Thanks

Hello and thank you for allowing me to assist you today.

You only need to complete the W8 BEN form as an individual. No US tax number is ***** of you.

If you have a UTR you list that as the tax number on line 6 .

As long as you are not present in the US the W8 keeps the US company from withholding US tax on your payments.

I hope this is useful

You are most welcome.

A 5 star positive rating is appreciated. SCROLL UP TO SEE STARS

Any call offer is site generated, not from me.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Brilliant thanks for your help, if I was to set up an LTD would I need to complete a different form other than the W8-BEN?

Yes you would then use the W8 BEN E instead.

You are most welcome.

TaxRobin, Tax Preparer
Experience: International