npvadvisor
npvadvisor,
1929974

I am here on a student visa and opening a business and I

Customer Question

I am here on a student visa and opening a business and I have filled my incorporation paperwork and approved now I want to fill out the w7 and I am not sure what box to tick
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: 3 of them they are so unhelpful
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: even the irs is all muddle up
JA: Which tax year is this for?
Customer: 2021
Category: US Tax
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How much longer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (6SGTMPS)
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  npvadvisor replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name's Lane. ... Welcome to JustAnswer! ... I've just come online. I can help

...

• I hold a Law Degree, a BBA, an MBA (Finance Specialization), and CFP & CRPS designations as well,
  • I've been providing tax, corporate law & accounting, financial, and Social Security advice to clients on three continents since 1986.

​...

You don't need the "other" box checked. If you are applying for the ITIN so that you can file a return, box F does it.

Expert:  npvadvisor replied 1 year ago.

So, again, you only need box F. Why? Because you are a "Nonresident alien student, professor, or researcher filing a U.S. federal tax return..."

.

sincerely ***** ***** answer helps …

Please let me know if you have any questions at all, on this.

If you do, just come back here to the question, and I’d be happy to help.

Thanks for using us. And thanks for letting me help today!

Lane