How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask npvadvisor Your Own Question
Category: US Tax
Satisfied Customers: 27297
Type Your US Tax Question Here...
npvadvisor is online now

I am here on a student visa and opening a business and I

Customer Question

I am here on a student visa and opening a business and I have filled my incorporation paperwork and approved now I want to fill out the w7 and I am not sure what box to tick
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: 3 of them they are so unhelpful
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: even the irs is all muddle up
JA: Which tax year is this for?
Customer: 2021
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: US Tax
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How much longer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (6SGTMPS)
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 1 year ago.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Expert:  npvadvisor replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name's Lane. ... Welcome to JustAnswer! ... I've just come online. I can help


  • I hold a Law Degree, a BBA, an MBA (Finance Specialization), and CFP & CRPS designations as well,
  • I've been providing tax, corporate law & accounting, financial, and Social Security advice to clients on three continents since 1986.


You don't need the "other" box checked. If you are applying for the ITIN so that you can file a return, box F does it.

Expert:  npvadvisor replied 1 year ago.

So, again, you only need box F. Why? Because you are a "Nonresident alien student, professor, or researcher filing a U.S. federal tax return..."


sincerely ***** ***** answer helps …

Please let me know if you have any questions at all, on this.

If you do, just come back here to the question, and I’d be happy to help.

Thanks for using us. And thanks for letting me help today!