vauxdoc, Other
Experience:  Vauxhall diagnostic technician

Hi, I have a Vauxhall corsa 1.2 when starting the car the engine

Hi, I have a Vauxhall corsa 1.2 when starting the car the engine will turn over but wont start, but will start with a push (bump) start and run.
Hi, what year is your corsa ?

also do the dash lights flash when cranking ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

2006 year and no lights flash on dash .

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

2006/55 reg. No lights flashing on dash.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

2006/55 reg dash lights don't flash when cranking. when running after a bump start no warning lights are lit

Thanks for that, this sounds like the crankshaft speed sensor is at fault, this measures the engine speed and throuh the ECU operates the fuel relay.

When bump starting the sensor will have a higher voltage because the starter motor is not being used.

To be sure it would be best to have the engine tested on a diagnostic scanner and the engine speed could be checked when cranking or you could gamble and have the sensor changed, they cost about £30.

I hope this helps, best regards, Vauxdoc.