vauxdoc, Other
Experience:  Vauxhall diagnostic technician

I have just changed the battery on my Vectra, all ok except

I have just changed the battery on my 2003 Vectra 2.2, all ok except radio/cd will not work, it comes on saying safe, what can I do?.

Everything else seems to be fine.

Welcome to Just answer, the security code will need entering it is a 4 digit PIN and hopefully will be on the credit card sized car pass which may be in the service book pack.

Let me know when you find it and I will guide you through the procedure.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have all my documentation service book owners manual audio handbook but unfortunately no card with code on, i guess that must be with previous owner, but i have had the car for 10 years, so no chance of getting that.

Hello again, sorry for the delay you might be able to get it from the previous owner oranother option is to have it reprogrammed at a local car hifi specialist this costs around £20 yo will need to check your local yellow pages or give me your location.

Then you could get a second hand set from the likes of ebay there are plenty there.