Robert, Vauxhall Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK

I have a k reg astra van and the reversing lights are stuck

Customer Question

i have a k reg astra van and the reversing lights are stuck on what is the cause
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Best place to start would be the reverse switch at the gearbox - normally if you look around the gear box on the front face just below the gear selector housing you should see a black 2/3 pin mulitplug plugged to a switch that screwed into the gearbox casing..disconnect first and see if the lights go out..if they do then replace the switch....I do hope this helps
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

im looking at the engine where is the gearbox

Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Gearbox is the right hand side of the engine bay..the switch should be on the front face of the gearbox housing..not the bellhousing thats bolted to the engine..